James Milner - Why Buy Him?

Scratching my head, we're drawn in a group of death or pleasure, whichever way you look at it, difficult league games and not used, strange

DANNY O'B said:
I like rodwell but yeah jimmy should be ahead of him surely?

No. There's a reason why Mancini has hardly ever played him in that position since he joined. I know he excelled as a midfielder at Villa but that team wasn't set up to play possession football and as great a guy as I'm sure Milner is, he's just not up to the task for that role in this team.

sincity said:
grim up north said:
Typical English midfielder full of endeavour and commitment. Technically shit, his brain doesn't work quick enough to play the football Mancini craves, he needs two touches when he receives the ball Silva Nasri Yaya don't. If you watch when he is playing Yaya rarely gives him the ball.

Good player for the likes of Villa not good enough for us now

I'd rather our players take two touches as long as they pass or shoot properly, rather than the loads of chances Silva, Nasri, Yaya and Aguero have missed..This one-touch football is f**king gash if it doesn't work the right way, like how we saw against Arsenal..

Milner is an excellent squad player, and that is a good enough reason to at least be on the bench all the time..You never know when his services will be required..I have no doubt he would come good if Mancini were to give him the same amount of chances he gives to our star players..

Ok perhaps you should watch championship football then. Most of the time Milners second touch is a tackle.

redmizzle said:
DANNY O'B said:
I like rodwell but yeah jimmy should be ahead of him surely?

No. There's a reason why Mancini has hardly ever played him in that position since he joined. I know he excelled as a midfielder at Villa but that team wasn't set up to play possession football and as great a guy as I'm sure Milner is, he's just not up to the task for that role in this team.

Where as Rodwell played for David Moyes' Everton, known through out the land as a Barca tribute act.

From a Villa fan in peace here!

Milner for us was a top player capable of RB, RM, LM, CM, he's just a credit, a true role model.

I loved him for us and was devastated you managed to palm Ireland on us for him, Ireland has not been worth any of the money we let you keep for him at all!

I know you have a lot of top players but surely Jimmy should be in and around, he's not an England regular as a fluke

As for Gaz Baz very underated for city in my opinion, I don't know what you guy's think of him on here but seen many city fans call him shyte and can't believe it I enjoyed watching City last season and thought he was very important just playing the Makelele role just tidying up things and letting the Nasri's, Silva's ect be the creative forces!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.