James Milner - Why Buy Him?

danburge82 said:
bluebannana said:
feel so sorry for him. Were getting ripped apart at LB and RB -with milners defensive cover and work rate he could really improve us. The lad must be thinking what hes done wrong.

every time hes in the team hes excellent, but then gets dropped same with dzeko.
Pretty much how I feel about the situation.

The Real Madrid game was crying out for Milner's qualities as a player, today too.

Just don't get it. He's better than Rodwell.

could possibly be personal on mancinis part, doesnt matter how well he plays he doesnt get games.

supercrystal7 said:
James Milner was a board signing and a very bad one at that. The board wasted 25 million on him and Mancini was probably rightfully pissed. He would not even get into any top 7 midfield in the premiership. As a winger can do a job, but not great either. Vastly overrated here. Mancini is right not to want to use him in my opinion. Will be sold and probably struggle to make Europe for the team he plays for.

Milner would have impacted the game far more than Silva did today whom has been pretty shite for some time now

Milner was top draw in the Charity Shield

dctid said:
supercrystal7 said:
James Milner was a board signing and a very bad one at that. The board wasted 25 million on him and Mancini was probably rightfully pissed. He would not even get into any top 7 midfield in the premiership. As a winger can do a job, but not great either. Vastly overrated here. Mancini is right not to want to use him in my opinion. Will be sold and probably struggle to make Europe for the team he plays for.

Milner would have impacted the game far more than Silva did today whom has been pretty shite for some time now

Milner was top draw in the Charity Shield
And in two of our bigger games last season (United away, Spurs at home) where he was arguably man of the match in both.

I'll go straight to the point, we should had bought Fellaini in the first place for a long time ago before went on around the bush and spent wasteful millions on sideway players like Milner, Rodwell, and Garcia. Milner is useful but he cannot improve this team, same goes for Rodwell and Garcia(the taller de jong) as well.

danburge82 said:
supercrystal7 said:
I think that's wide off the mark.

When he plays centre mid for us he's usually up with the men of the match.

He's as much a winger as Frank Lampard or Scott Parker are.
He plays out wide, because he is not good in the centre. I said as a central midfielder he would not get anywhere near the top 7. Probably being generous. Since he United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle all have better midfielders. There is a reason he is at best 5th choice midfielder at your club despite being a model professional and having a great attitude.

He has a terrible touch, poor short range of passing, poor positioning and a weak mentality when it comes to big games. No chance would he ever succeed in midfield at a top team, who need to play possession football.

He worked at Villa, because they were a counter attacking team. They did not try and keep the ball, but hit other teams with pace. Even then he gave the ball away a lot and was outshone by others.

bluethai said:
I'll go straight to the point, we should had bought Fellaini in the first place for a long time ago before went on around the bush and spent wasteful millions on sideway players like Milner, Rodwell, and Garcia. Milner is useful but he cannot improve this team, same goes for Rodwell and Garcia(the taller de jong) as well.

milner already improved the team last season when he came in best player on the pitch mos of the time. early days to be judging the new signings. rodwell has played well and is more for the future and garcia is settling in.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 pm --<br /><br />
1dart said:
Good squad player but does not have enough technically to start for is.

what do you mean ? not good enough technically hes there to do a certain job and use his work rate, he is a fantastic player to have

bluestew666 said:
Ian Cheeseman has said on twitter he's got a toe injury. That's why he hasn't been playing.

Yeah he wasnt fit enough to play.

Milner will play his part this season just as he did last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.