James Milner - Why Buy Him?

1dart said:
Good squad player but does not have enough technically to start for is.

Based on what?

Silva stunning and gifter and outstanding tecnical performances recently?

To win a football match you must first match you opponents physically, a strong wteam has both technical players and players that put them selves around a bit

We need players like Milner<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:32 pm --<br /><br />
1dart said:

Based on what?

To win a football match you must first match you opponents physically, a strong wteam has both technical players and players that put them selves around a bit

We need players like Milner

Should have played today on the right in front of Zab.

Rodwell had a mare.

Pretty confident Milner is happy with his affairs, playing equally between both the England and City teams.

Rotation Rules.

Well played that man.

supercrystal7 said:
danburge82 said:
supercrystal7 said:
James Milner was a board signing and a very bad one at that. The board wasted 25 million on him and Mancini was probably rightfully pissed. He would not even get into any top 7 midfield in the premiership. As a winger can do a job, but not great either. Vastly overrated here. Mancini is right not to want to use him in my opinion. Will be sold and probably struggle to make Europe for the team he plays for.
I think that's wide off the mark.

When he plays centre mid for us he's usually up with the men of the match.

He's as much a winger as Frank Lampard or Scott Parker are.
He plays out wide, because he is not good in the centre. I said as a central midfielder he would not get anywhere near the top 7. Probably being generous. Since he United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle all have better midfielders. There is a reason he is at best 5th choice midfielder at your club despite being a model professional and having a great attitude.

He has a terrible touch, poor short range of passing, poor positioning and a weak mentality when it comes to big games. No chance would he ever succeed in midfield at a top team, who need to play possession football.

He worked at Villa, because they were a counter attacking team. They did not try and keep the ball, but hit other teams with pace. Even then he gave the ball away a lot and was outshone by others.

Not a winger but an old fashioned english right sided midfielder with licence to roam at times and tracking back duties to help out the full back, dont get the big games weakness as he often plays well for england whilst better players have crumbled and He played out of his skin linking up with silva and richards in the 6-1. When MR returns i would like to see more of them playing together on the right side or maybe with Maicon instead.

dctid said:
1dart said:

Based on what?

-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:32 pm --

1dart said:

Based on what?

good post we need grafters like milner in the team not 11 "technically gifted "silvas. we need a combination.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
supercrystal7 said:
danburge82 said:
I think that's wide off the mark.

When he plays centre mid for us he's usually up with the men of the match.

He's as much a winger as Frank Lampard or Scott Parker are.
He plays out wide, because he is not good in the centre. I said as a central midfielder he would not get anywhere near the top 7. Probably being generous. Since he United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle all have better midfielders. There is a reason he is at best 5th choice midfielder at your club despite being a model professional and having a great attitude.

He has a terrible touch, poor short range of passing, poor positioning and a weak mentality when it comes to big games. No chance would he ever succeed in midfield at a top team, who need to play possession football.

He worked at Villa, because they were a counter attacking team. They did not try and keep the ball, but hit other teams with pace. Even then he gave the ball away a lot and was outshone by others.

Not a winger but an old fashioned english right sided midfielder with licence to roam at times and tracking back duties to help out the full back, dont get the big games weakness as he often plays well for england whilst better players have crumbled and He played out of his skin linking up with silva and richards in the 6-1. When MR returns i would like to see more of them playing together on the right side or maybe with Maicon instead.

When has he played well for England in a big game? Was very poor at the Euro's and the world cup. He played on the right of a four man midfield and was good that day, but was not one of the key men. Milner does have good delivery and when confident can put in a good cross. Balotell and Silva were the stars that day.

dctid said:
1dart said:

Based on what?

-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:32 pm --

1dart said:

Based on what?

I agree we need players like him and i agree silva and the other creative players are not lighting up the league, but they will. When all on top form i dont think he gets near our starting 11. Great player to bring on when you need some work rate and and to close a game out imo of course.

supercrystal7 said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
supercrystal7 said:

When has he played well for England in a big game? Was very poor at the Euro's and the world cup. He played on the right of a four man midfield and was good that day, but was not one of the key men. Milner does have good delivery and when confident can put in a good cross. Balotell and Silva were the stars that day.

get the feeling you dont like milner cos hes not some fancy named player who has a trick or two, milner isnt there for that hes there to do a job, a lot of which goes unoticed

ello_jo said:
I really feel for milner, should get a lot more game time. IMO better than Rodwell in the middle and more effective at crossing than Sinclair on the wing. Last comment may be slightly harsh on Sinclair as we haven't seen him that much but Jimmy has got a top cross.

This!

Sometimes it's like we buy for the sake of buying....and sometimes buy badly to turn insult to injury.

Absolutely shocking he wasn't doing defensive duties on the wing against Real Madrid.

Shocking.

I'll never forget that @60yard 1-2 last season.

He's solid. We need solid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.