James Milner - Why Buy Him?

bluebannana said:
supercrystal7 said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Not a winger but an old fashioned english right sided midfielder with licence to roam at times and tracking back duties to help out the full back, dont get the big games weakness as he often plays well for england whilst better players have crumbled and He played out of his skin linking up with silva and richards in the 6-1. When MR returns i would like to see more of them playing together on the right side or maybe with Maicon instead.

When has he played well for England in a big game? Was very poor at the Euro's and the world cup. He played on the right of a four man midfield and was good that day, but was not one of the key men. Milner does have good delivery and when confident can put in a good cross. Balotell and Silva were the stars that day.

get the feeling you dont like milner cos hes not some fancy named player who has a trick or two, milner isnt there for that hes there to do a job, a lot of which goes unoticed

No I don't like Milner, because he is not very good. His level is around 6-8 in the Premiership at best. People only like him, because he works hard and does not complain. There are several English midfielders much better than him in recent years. Lampard and Gerrard the obvious stand outs. However, even Huddlestone can control a game better. Wilshere is an unbelievable player if he ever gets fit.

On the right he can do a job, because he has better understanding of the right position to be at. However, in the middle his positioning is very poor. No point running around like headless chicken. Parker used to do this when he was younger and ended up at West Ham. At least he learnt positioning later on.

EDIT

By like I mean rate. It's hard not to like a professional player like Milner.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Injured ,although I'm not sure why that should stop Bob picking him.

no one knew he was injured though and if thats the case fair enough

supercrystal7 said:
He has...a weak mentality when it comes to big games.
I'll stop reading your posts about Jimmy because you don't have a clue about him if you hold that opinion. Garbage!

danburge82 said:
supercrystal7 said:
I'll stop reading your posts about Jimmy because you don't have a clue about him if you hold that opinion. Garbage!

agree what utter shite, starting to sound like spoilt chelsea fans on this forum

supercrystal7 said:
bluebannana said:
supercrystal7 said:
When has he played well for England in a big game? Was very poor at the Euro's and the world cup. He played on the right of a four man midfield and was good that day, but was not one of the key men. Milner does have good delivery and when confident can put in a good cross. Balotell and Silva were the stars that day.

get the feeling you dont like milner cos hes not some fancy named player who has a trick or two, milner isnt there for that hes there to do a job, a lot of which goes unoticed

No I don't like Milner, because he is not very good. His level is around 6-8 in the Premiership at best. People only like him, because he works hard and does not complain. There are several English midfielders much better than him in recent years. Lampard and Gerrard the obvious stand outs. However, even Huddlestone can control a game better. Wilshere is an unbelievable player if he ever gets fit.

On the right he can do a job, because he has better understanding of the right position to be at. However, in the middle his positioning is very poor. No point running around like headless chicken. Parker used to do this when he was younger and ended up at West Ham. At least he learnt positioning later on.

EDIT

By like I mean rate. It's hard not to like a professional player like Milner.
My word. Are you a nine year old from Croydon?

He is a good player and we could have done with him today..

I am a bit puzzled why Mancini doesnt use him more often, i wonder if Marwood signed him ?

Lets get some YouTube clips up, lads!

Jimmy needs some support and some of these pale blues need an education.

bluebannana said:
danburge82 said:
supercrystal7 said:

agree what utter shite, starting to sound like spoilt chelsea fans on this forum
I am not Chelsea, but it's the truth. Though Milner was bought for 25 million. That would buy my entire club. His price range puts him on the level of Tevez, Silva, Toure, Essien, Drogba, Mata, RVP etc. His ability range puts him below the likes of Young, Cabaye, Tiote, Arteta, Rodwell etc. Having a strong mentality has nothing to do with quality. For instance as good as Henry was, he big game mentality of say another great like Zidane or even lesser players like Etoo or Drogba.

Milner will not play well if the rest of the team is not performing. Will hide from getting the ball and be too scared to try anything. He takes up the same role as say Park or Fletcher at United. He is better than both, but they have this big game mentality. When the chips are down they are not afraid to stand up and be counted. This means more than just running about.

supercrystal7 said:
bluebannana said:
supercrystal7 said:

Scott Parker offers very little as a midfielder, certainly less than JM, Huddlestone and Wilshire have dreadful injury records and might never play like they did again if at all remember Michael Johnson and Paul Lake particularly, players with promise destroyed by injury long before their time, also Huddlestone is a thug and has a tendancy to daft and often dangerous things like stamping on groins or leaving a foot in JM nevers looks anything but honest and committed, TH looks overweight off the pace and lazy. Jack Wilshire is good playing the spanish pivote role but I dont really see him as either the chief CM or No 10, neither of JW or TH have the same game to JM so whats the point of comparing two players who did n't play last season to 1 who made a number of important performances and also just remembered WC 2010 JM assisted jermain defoe for only win of their tournament and showed hunger and fight all game against Slovenia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.