James Milner

FantasyIreland said:
Without doubt the MOTM.

Awesome today,work rate was amazing - the marathon man!

The goal was the deserved cherry.

We had a few contenders for MOTM today , and Milner was certainly one of them .... but the whole side put a decent shift in , and you could see the difference it made ..... Sunderland were , in the main, completely played off the park !.

Absolute quality today, partly because he had Gaz Baz to sit in behind him and mop up but also cause he's got so much energy, he must have covered miles and miles today, I don't think you'll get that from Garcia just yet. It's no coincidence that little David Silva was on form today too, he's got Gaz and Jimmy to be the workhorses so he can use his creativity. Quality performance today from all the lads, the wheels are turning again, watch out premier league.

It does appear to be what we've been missing. Us English may lack in elegance or technical awesomeness but we'll give you plenty of blood, sweat & tears for the cause, add that to the fantastic assortment of talent at our disposal and it all comes together.

Good to watch today, i was expecting this to be the transitional season where we see Milner playing more central in place of Barry at times, but we'll see, his versatility must feel like a hindrance at times.

It must be reassuring for Zabba though to know you have a Milner covering your back when going on a venture forward.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Absolute quality today, partly because he had Gaz Baz to sit in behind him and mop up but also cause he's got so much energy, he must have covered miles and miles today, I don't think you'll get that from Garcia just yet. It's no coincidence that little David Silva was on form today too, he's got Gaz and Jimmy to be the workhorses so he can use his creativity. Quality performance today from all the lads, the wheels are turning again, watch out premier league.

This

He is a great pro and him and baz helps Silva click

Milner was excellent today his sheer work rate is excellent for me the midfield combo has to be either Barry /Garcia and Milner /Rodwell neither Barry nor Garcia are mobile enough to play together

Obviously yay a plays where he wants

citysix said:
milner all over over the place motm immense

It was like he teleported around the pitch today, popped up everywhere. I sit on tier 2 and struggled to track him, Sunderland players had no chance.

Zaba had perfect cover all day. Barry had a partner willing to do all the legwork. Silva had a runner down the channels and finally, the big guys had someone to cross the ball/take a corner from right hand side.

Milner may not be best in the world at any of the above, but the fact that he seems to be doing all of the above at the same time makes him a very useful player to have around. Wish we had played him in CL games.

Well done James, MOTM for me today by a long way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.