James Milner

His second best game in a City shirt for me ( just behind the swamp game).

A complete all round excellent midfield from Jimmy.

Proud of yu lad..

simonmdm said:
The problem he's got now though is he will probably play 180 minutes for England so Mancini may leave him out of the team for our next game. I thought he was quality today though.

Agreed, thought today that Barry and Jimmy formed a great partnership, constantly covering full backs or getting forward when the opportunity arises, they also tracked their player back when Sunderland did attack to narrow their choice of pass. Hope that if he does play 180 mins for England that he gets his opportunity in midfield but do think that he'll be straight out to right wing.

Special shout to Gaz Baz for his range of passing today. The ball out to the right wing with the outside of his left boot on the volley deserves a mention.

James puts in that kind of performance every time he plays in centre mid. I keep telling anyone who'll listen!

You wouldn't play Lampard or Parker out wide, the thing with Milner is, his work rate attributes make him sometimes a very good wide player. But he's a central midfielder!

He was excellent today. Well pleased for him!

if milner played like that or like he did at the swamp last year he would be in the starting xi every week. he doesnt he normally gives the ball away more often then not. i see it bobby manc sees it its why he has been a bit part player. if he was so great he would be treated like kompany, yaya and agüero and be playing 99% of the time.

Man of the match today. In fact they all played well with the exception of Mario, who contributes next to nothing.

danburge82 said:
James puts in that kind of performance every time he plays in centre mid. I keep telling anyone who'll listen!

You wouldn't play Lampard or Parker out wide, the thing with Milner is, his work rate attributes make him sometimes a very good wide player. But he's a central midfielder!

milner has played most of his career out on the wing. lamps and scotty havent.

Performances like his today put pressure on guys like Rodwell, Garcia, and especially Nasri. They can now see, and indeed hear fom the fan reaction, the type of performance which is expected.

danburge82 said:

Couldn't agree more be saying for years but he can do a shift in the back four and wide if absolutely necessary.

Our most versatile player.

Love him to bits and rarely puts in a mare.

IH8MUFC said:
if milner played like that or like he did at the swamp last year he would be in the starting xi every week. he doesnt he normally gives the ball away more often then not. i see it bobby manc sees it its why he has been a bit part player. if he was so great he would be treated like kompany, yaya and agüero and be playing 99% of the time.

what a load of shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.