James Milner

grim up north said:
lindy64 said:
I for one am glad Milner is in our squad and he is a very important member.
However, I do think he's more valuable in central midfield than out wide.
He works hard wherever he plays, but his crossing is not great.
It was a great move by the manager to bring Nasri on yesterday when Zabba got injured and put Milner at right back.
A lot of managers would have considered that a risk but it certainly improved us.

Why do Mancini and England managers play him out wide then

Because he's not as good at passing as our central midfielders and makes the odd suicidal tackle.

Not bashing Milner, he is fantastic player, I'd put him the top 5 English players and he has scored two of our best goals this season. Love the guy, his name is going on my next shirt (even if this forum is against that).

grim up north said:
andy1971 said:
We are a far more effective team with Milner playing and nasri out. Nasri and silva get in each other's way whereas silva and Milner complement each other
Didn't see that at Newcastle or Norwich

Milner is definitely not playing enough this season. I think he can also fill in Yaya's position more often and not be used only when one of Nasri & Silva is missing.

Absolutely love Jimmy should play more as previously mentioned above.
He is a battler (good defense and offense) and never gives up and if you were fortunate enough to be behind the net (as I was) at Wigan when he hit that screamer you would know he has a great foot on him.
Pretty good a cricket too I hear!

xzbit04 said:
Will be offered a new 80k a week contract according to the Daily Express

good to hear.
i was at a fans forum only a week or so after he'd signed, he was the guest player. managed to get a few monments with him, he's hugh close up. i told i was sweating as his transfer was so drawn out i was begining to think we'd lose him, he agreed, also said he was looking forward to playing here. a great signing this lad.

de niro said:
xzbit04 said:

good to hear.
i was at a fans forum only a week or so after he'd signed, he was the guest player. managed to get a few monments with him, he's hugh close up. i told i was sweating as his transfer was so drawn out i was begining to think we'd lose him, he agreed, also said he was looking forward to playing here. a great signing this lad.

That's a bit muddled Bill, have you been on the sherry? :)

oldius said:
He will become a cult hero at City. He is the consummate professional and allows others to play because of his team and work ethic.
Spot on. He was instrumental in the 6 -1. The flair players can concentrate on doing what they do best, because they know the cover is there or will be if they lose the ball.

xzbit04 said:

Good.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 am --<br /><br />
Lavinda Past said:
OB1 said:
shevtheblue said:
I remember last season against blackburn at home he never came on but was doing fuckin shuttle sprints all game even after the last sub had come on. His cross field passing is superb.

But he still doesn't complete enough passes: 74% yesterday (similar at Arsenal) and he needs to average over 80% to reach the standard that should be required of a midfield player for MCFC.

Are you related to Albert Pierrepoint?

I dread to think what you'd do to Mrs OB1 if she burned your toast...

Probably insist on a gold plate knife with ivory handle to scrape it no doubt.. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.