James Milner

Caveman said:
OB1 said:
shevtheblue said:
I remember last season against blackburn at home he never came on but was doing fuckin shuttle sprints all game even after the last sub had come on. His cross field passing is superb.

But he still doesn't complete enough passes: 74% yesterday (similar at Arsenal) and he needs to average over 80% to reach the standard that should be required of a midfield player for MCFC.
Indeed. Every player can improve in some way. Don't forget though that Milner is usually the most advanced wide player in our team and often crosses balls in or tries to beat a man, nobody else in our whole squad does much of that, and the percentage of success at that sort of thing will be much lower than if he was in his best position in central midfield knocking five years passes around.
Exactly.

I'm delighted Milner is in our team at present.

A true professional who can cover a number of positions well. He has good energy, can play a pass and has a football brain. Makes great runs and scores the odd goal too.

Would like to see him in the centre of the midfield.

Crosses don't count as passes.

Attacking midfielders are liable to have a lower pass completion because they attempt to thread balls through packed defences - although Nasri has the best pass completion of any City regular and creates more chances per game than Milner - but Jimmy misplaces too many short simple passes. Mancini is a manager that likes his team to dominate possession and that means keeping the ball by completing passes and that, I believe, is why Milner does not get as many games as many supporters think that he should.

I like Milner and value his strengths but his passing often frustrates me.

alky313 said:
I truly wish we could field a midfield that includes Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Milner and Barry.
We can....
-----Aguero------
---Nasri--Silva---
Yaya--Barry--Milner
Clich-Komp-Nast-Zab
--------Hart--------

CTID101 said:
alky313 said:
I truly wish we could field a midfield that includes Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Milner and Barry.
We can....
-----Aguero------
---Nasri--Silva---
Yaya--Barry--Milner
Clich-Komp-Nast-Zab
--------Hart--------

Correction:
-----Aguero------
---Silva--Nasri---
Barry--Yaya--Milner
Clich-Nast--Komp--Zab
--------Hart--------

Why would you have Barry as LCM? rather than in the center where he plays now? the RCM and LCM are used to go forward and back. Something Barry isn't at his best in that position.

CTID101 said:
Why would you have Barry as LCM? rather than in the center where he plays now? the RCM and LCM are used to go forward and back. Something Barry isn't at his best in that position.

Because Yaya isn't left footed and have you not spotted Bary going to help out Clichy on a regular basis?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.