James Milner

Get him in the side every game

Nasri is a fucking lazy tosser and Milner does much more in both attack and defence

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but with about 5 mins to go on saturday mancini and milner were raging at each other. No love lost between them me thinks.

Ridiculous decision to bench him, imo.

King-Kun said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
moomba said:
He's a good player to have in the squad, good attitude and will never let you down through lack of effort.

But if he's the first name on the teamsheet we've got more problems than I ever imagined.

its attitudes like that, that mean the likes of nasri get picked ahead. You cant have 11 world class superstars on the pitch, no team does. We need players like milner in the team.

hes been one of our best players this season and deserves to be in the team, the so called stars we have, ageuro, and such have not performed. Hes has.

I agree, he's the type of player that the champions in England always have a few of.

Milner's biggest problem is that he isn't a winger, he isn't a centre midfielder, he isn't even really an attacking midfielder.
So he almost can't maintain a long term slot in the side.

He can still play 40 games a season while filling in gaps easily though.
So where would you play him?????.

King-Kun said:
All over the park. He wont have a fixed role.

One week we might need a replacement out wide, next week maybe in the centre, one week at right back.
He'll do any job, and give 100%. He'll be there when the others need a rest.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Milner being left out is indicative of all of Mancini's problems in Europe and against teams that press us. He chooses raw talent over hard work, when a good combination of both are what make a side that's able to cope with the top teams.

Choosing possession over pace, and natural ability over determination, will leave us vulnerable to teams that aim to out-hustle us.

Thing is, Milner can play EITHER of the positions we need him to play, and usually with aplomb.

If we need him to be one of two DMs to allow Yaya to move forward, he can do it.

If we need him to be the wide right man in a 4 man midfield where he is NOT a DM, he can do it. In fact, much as he might like to think his best position is CM, I see him as our BEST RM and the RBs LOVE HIM for the cover he provides, plus he is not unwilling to get forward AND chase back when things break down.

For me, his frustration is that there a few players who get a free pass EVERY GAME (Silva, Yaya, Aguero) regardless of how they are playing, while he gets dicked around for the likes of Nasri, Garcia, Rodwell et al.

We need to decide HOW we are going to play and put the personnel on the field to play that way. After that, no performance = early bath. Can't have any "favorites" or players who get a free pass. Not a single Soton player would get in the City team, yet EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM out-hustled, out-ran, out-tackled and outperformed the Champions! Either we have a squad (7 on the bench!!) that has enough depth to make substitutions that are needed or we don't, but we can't act like we do when things are going well and we don;t when things aren't!

Time to get Kompany and Nastasic back in the defense, and play with speed WITH the ball and SHUT DOWN THE OPPONENT WITHOUT the ball. Surely, if Soton can do it AGAINST us, we can do it a time or two again this season after doing ALL SEASON last year?!

I think Mancini underestimated Southampton. Wanted to give Nasri some play time and rest Milner. It backfired. That whole game was so weird, it's like the entire team was sleep deprived, making dumb mistakes.

Nasri is out of form, of all the games to use him and try to get him some time on the pitch the Southampton game did make sense (lots of players jet lagged and tired from int. break). It turned out to be a complete disaster though.

noise said:
I think Mancini underestimated Southampton. Wanted to give Nasri some play time and rest Milner. It backfired. That whole game was so weird, it's like the entire team was sleep deprived, making dumb mistakes.

Nasri is out of form, of all the games to use him and try to get him some time on the pitch the Southampton game did make sense (lots of players jet lagged and tired from int. break). It turned out to be a complete disaster though.
We need Nasri back on form. The RVP free-kick seems to be in the back of a lot of fans minds

Marvin said:
noise said:

We need Nasri back on form. The RVP free-kick seems to be in the back of a lot of fans minds

Agree with that. That derby incident needs putting to bed; it's been analysed a plenty & there are plenty of reasons, including individual errors why we got that result.
Personally I think there is a case for both players in a midfield 4 - or diamond - of Nasri Toure Milner and Silva. I do like Barry, but I wouldn't object to Milner getting an extended run in a central role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.