James Milner

ChicagoBlue said:
Welcome to the party, lads!!

Where the fuck are all the naysayers from last year, telling us he didn't have it, wasn't technically proficient enough, blah, blah, fucking blah!!

Milner is one of the best professionals Manchester City will EVER have.

Might be blasphemy to say it here, but for me, and having seen them both in their prime (where Milner is now), Milner is the modern day Colin Bell for City in an era where it is not fashionable.

well said mate. Only just a couple of weeks ago, I was slated for saying, why do we need a Thomas Müller, when we have Jimmy Milner? A crackin athlete.

Does a good job for us. One of those players that people always think of his price tag - which when you think that Ireland was £8m of it does not look bad now - Was it £16m cash?
When is his contract up? Need to get him re-signed if in the last 2 years as he will easily start half our games this year.

Jovetic,Negredo,Aguero,Silva,Yaya,Nasri,Dzeko,Navas we are all very lucky to have in our team but just never forget this guys contribution in every important games,Arsenal away last season,United away(Last season and season before),Community shield vs Chelsea,Villareal in CL home match and their are many more.Him against Ribery was a good tussle ,Ribery was just bitching whenever i saw him getting owned by Jimmy,Their was a moment when Ribery tried to outpace him and got done by Milner's pace and strength ,and then in the 91st minute he ran almost half the pitch after playing the full 90 and tackled Shaquiri,Owned Alaba like he was not even a footballer.Wish we had atleast 1 more Milner in our team rather than Garcia,Sinclair.

Keep Calm and Trust Jimmy Milner :).

The only way I can personally sum him up is he is the kind of player that you would wish you had available if he had a long term injury. Never goes missing in games no matter who the opposition is, he is probably the most under rated player in our squad.

James does have poor games, but they're very few and far between and even then his work for the team is tireless. Last night he showed he that he not only belongs on the pitch with "big name" players for "top" European teams, but that he actually stands out in their company. Phenomenal work rate but top quality as well. Excellent defensively for the first 40 minutes he then pops up to beat the defender and put in two excellent crosses for Negredo. Excellent on both flanks last night too. Provides defensive solidity in tough away games and provides excellent preparation to stretch the play for Jesus to come on and skin the buggers!

Great professional, fantastic athlete, more than useful squad player but a limited footballer unfortunately

Train said:
For those of you who are interested in watching Milner's fantastic performance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7zE1vhdVjk[/youtube]

mate could you start a thread of all your compilations? would love to have them in one place

andrewmswift said:
mate could you start a thread of all your compilations? would love to have them in one place

Sure. It sounds good. It would save people time from having to sift back through threads etc. I will re-post the Milner compilation in the new thread soon along with others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.