January defenders

Manchester City currently have NO plans to sign a defender in January. That has been Pep Guardiola’s position all along, and it is confirmed by club sources who know the transfer strategy intimately. [@StuBrennanMEN]
Oh right, if it’s coming from Stuart Brennan it must be true. Personally, I very much doubt Pep and the Club are sharing their plans with the MEN.

We’ll see what happens in January,

Oh right, if it’s coming from Stuart Brennan it must be true. Personally, I very much doubt Pep and the Club are sharing their plans with the MEN.

We’ll see what happens in January,
Pep has said it all along,think about it,we never panic buy,it's a 100m + investment buying a player,when eric is back in jan/feb,stones is fit now,we have nico,it's been the plan for months for dinho to be at the back,we have the 2 kids,stock piling in jan is just not practical

Pep has said it all along,think about it,we never panic buy,it's a 100m + investment buying a player,when eric is back in jan/feb,stones is fit now,we have nico,it's been the plan for months for dinho to be at the back,we have the 2 kids,stock piling in jan is just not practical
I hear you but...

Laporte may be out for quite a while.
Before his injury Stones was in a serious slump in form and seems to have lost his confidence.
Otamendi should be sold. He’s been a good servant to the Club but simply isn’t good enough.
Pep is showing no signs that he thinks Harwood-Bellis and Garcia are ready to be blooded. Personally, I’d like to see them get a chance but I don’t make the decisions
If we have lost the Premier League by January (which is very possible) we will be concentrating on the Champions League. But we are not winning the Champions League with that defence.

Sane is surplus to requirements and appears to want to leave. It simply makes sense to cash in on him and spend the money on the defence.

I hear you but...

Laporte may be out for quite a while.
Before his injury Stones was in a serious slump in form and seems to have lost his confidence.
Otamendi should be sold. He’s been a good servant to the Club but simply isn’t good enough.
Pep is showing no signs that he thinks Harwood-Bellis and Garcia are ready to be blooded. Personally, I’d like to see them get a chance but I don’t make the decisions
If we have lost the Premier League by January (which is very possible) we will be concentrating on the Champions League. But we are not winning the Champions League with that defence.

Sane is surplus to requirements and appears to want to leave. It simply makes sense to cash in on him and spend the money on the defence.
We won't do it in jan though ;) injuries and loss of form is football,we will manage

I think we made a mistake with the Otamendi situation, we should have cut our losses in hindsight and made the transfer happen in the summer and brought one CB in, in his and Kompany's absence. It's not that I've never rated Otamendi but it just seems like that would have been the right time. He deserves credit for the centurions season, in the first few months of that season him and Stones were starting to trust in each other and forming a solid partnership. Stones was in the form of his life but then got injured and Otamendi carried on like nothing happened, which was overlooked by many but was as equally as important as the start Laporte made.

He is less than two years younger than Kompany, he's never had pace and he's never been suited to being a leader IMO(he doesn't seem very vocal) which is why he plays better next to a Kompany or someone in good form. He wanted to leave in the summer himself, to play in Spain with less pressure/demands on him. That could been seen as him being honest with himself and his manager that his body/head isn't up to the demands of holding a place in this team. Which is why it's harsh to pin all the blame on him at the moment, should we really have let it get to this point, where we are relying on him to be the main man with the above in mind? Nobody at the club saw this coming.

The chances of finding Otamendi the move he wants in January and getting good value on the CB that should have come in the summer are slim. We may just have accept the challenge ahead, as we have done with the LB situation. Yet Pep is just a chequebook manager and City buy their way around every problem with a click of their fingers, according to some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.