January defenders

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Paul1970, 30 Sep 2019.

1. Vicmeldrew666

Vicmeldrew666

My sky and bt expires next week. Neither being renewed. Guess I will just be another who refuses to pay over the odds. Also as long as Gundogan is a starter for us I will not pay, subscribe or watch, even if it's free.

2. blueparrot

blueparrot

Good, cheerio.

3. Blu1

Blu1

I am a little shocked we have not had a defender lined up & in the team already,
    even if a short term fix.

not only would it stabilise defence but more importantly it puts fern back in the middle. That’s the biggest problem. Fern should be in the middle end of.

no way we are winning champs league with this defence just look at who we have struggled against this season.

4. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

We need two centre halves. Stones is living in a fog of his own making and Fernandino, although a great DM, is only a reasonable centre half.

5. MCFC ISRAEL

MCFC ISRAEL

We have to ask ourselves one simple question - what are our expectations from the current season? If the answer is winning the League Cup then the existing squad might be enough, if the answer is to win the Champions League then we need at least one CB because as is we will have a very hard time against Real Madrid. Our defense is a sad joke

Semper aggressus likes this.
  6. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

The club needs to be ruthless and ship Otamendi off to make space for top CB. We lack this kind of ruthlessness at times. I don't think Barca or Real would accept this, instead would be reacting.

Semper aggressus likes this.
  7. Semper aggressus

Semper aggressus

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Exactly, it's about performance and results. If someone is consistently underperforming, they get cut from the team. No passengers.

8. blue ranger

blue ranger

Of all the problems yesterday, gundogan wouldn’t even feature in the top 5.

bondsman likes this.
  9. ScottSinclair

ScottSinclair

I argue that him being preferred over better players for the duration he has been is starting to become one of the biggest problems. It constantly holds us back from being as good as we can and promotes mediocrity. He is Pep's biggest blind spot, he is Pep's Jesus Navas.

Agree that yesterday was under par for various reasons, but Gundogans impact or lack thereof is getting unforgivable.

10. richards30

richards30

agreed! His selection from the start yesterday along with David Silva was ridiculous!