January transfer window

NipHolmes said:
Vermaelen?

Kompany knows how him well from the Belguim team. He plays left-side of defence whenever I have seen him play and he is a very good player. Injury prone but with Nastasic as cover and rotation option it wouldn't be the end of the world when he is out. He would be fairly cheap and a move that could happen imo.

That's my shout for a cheap and good option. He's not playing at Arsenal (due to the good partnership they have formed) and is nearing 18 months mark on his contract.

He is a decent shout,not fantastic but competent,however,its that injury worry again,we really dont have much space left in the physio room

Casillas or Begovic
Mangala or Nkoulou
Pogba or Matudi
Lewandoski

Doubt we'll get all of them but we can dream.....

Definitely won't happen in the summer but I would love us to break the bank for Gundogan. He is going to be if not already better than Xavi. I think I would wank myself to death if I saw a midfield three of Gundogan, Fernandinho and Yaya playing for Manchester City that is a champions league winning midfield.

Don't think we need to start looking at a keeper yet, drop Hart and give him a kick up the ass for a few months like Baconface did with De Gea and hopefully he will come back stronger. I wouldnt like us to see us sign someone like Casillas as its good that we have a spine of English born players like Hart in the team. With the left back situation if Clichy doesn't go back to his 2011-2012 form then I think we would start looking at other left backs although I can't think of too many obtainable ones who would come in and be a guaranteed improvement. Baines would be stupidly expensive and is already 29.

Centre back is difficult one, Lescott will leave either in Jan for a small fee or a free in the summer. Nastasic has been very overrated on here imo decent player but is still very far from being a top centre back and Garcia is just terrible. Hopefully Demichelis can form a decent partnership with Kompany who needs to stay fit. Rekik and Denayer also look promising so I don't think we need to spend big on a centre back. Wouldn't mind us going for Zouma from St Etienne who looks quality or Godin from A.Madrid who would be a more experienced option.

Also wouldn't mind a quality option on the left, pity we missed out on Willian think he will be a decent buy for Chelsea. El Shaarawy and Reus would be my options.

Ship out Dzeko, Garcia, Boyata, Lescott, Barry and Sinclair

Could also see Milner going in the summer been treated poorly since he joined, baffling really we signed him on the back of having a great season in central midfield yet he plays everywhere but cm for us even Garcia gets picked ahead of him.

Before we buy a GK I would like to see Hart dropped for Pants and see how Pants does and if Hart comes back stronger. If he doesn't then I think Willy would be a great option. Cb is obviously also a big problem and it would be nice to get in a good CB, not sure a world class CB is what we need but rather either a young one with lots of potential or one in late 20's/early 30's that is still good, Pepe would have been great but Mangala seems a good option for this. Not really sure who we could get at LB, Baines is getting old and would be really pricey. Shaw would be good but I don't think he is on our transfer list. For me though our biggest priorities if we do go shopping in Jan. are CB and a DM.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Definitely won't happen in the summer but I would love us to break the bank for Gundogan. He is going to be if not already better than Xavi. I think I would wank myself to death if I saw a midfield three of Gundogan, Fernandinho and Yaya playing for Manchester City that is a champions league winning midfield.

Don't think we need to start looking at a keeper yet, drop Hart and give him a kick up the ass for a few months like Baconface did with De Gea and hopefully he will come back stronger. I wouldnt like us to see us sign someone like Casillas as its good that we have a spine of English born players like Hart in the team. With the left back situation if Clichy doesn't go back to his 2011-2012 form then I think we would start looking at other left backs although I can't think of too many obtainable ones who would come in and be a guaranteed improvement. Baines would be stupidly expensive and is already 29.

Centre back is difficult one, Lescott will leave either in Jan for a small fee or a free in the summer. Nastasic has been very overrated on here imo decent player but is still very far from being a top centre back and Garcia is just terrible. Hopefully Demichelis can form a decent partnership with Kompany who needs to stay fit. Rekik and Denayer also look promising so I don't think we need to spend big on a centre back. Wouldn't mind us going for Zouma from St Etienne who looks quality or Godin from A.Madrid who would be a more experienced option.

Also wouldn't mind a quality option on the left, pity we missed out on Willian think he will be a decent buy for Chelsea. El Shaarawy and Reus would be my options.

Ship out Dzeko, Garcia, Boyata, Lescott, Barry and Sinclair

Could also see Milner going in the summer been treated poorly since he joined, baffling really we signed him on the back of having a great season in central midfield yet he plays everywhere but cm for us even Garcia gets picked ahead of him.

Agree with a lot of what you say, Hart is struggling at the moment but I think it is only temporary, and we have to remember he is still relatively young for a keeper. We can't do anything about this until January at the earliest though. Maybe bring in whoever coached him at Birmingham, that may be a cheaper option than just paying another keeper what with transfer fees and wages, I'm sure a coach would be much cheaper. At Brum he showed most improvement so maybe that's the way to go, if his dip is only temporary. If we are going to throw money at the problem then I too would avoid Casillas, he's a great keeper but played at a very attacking Madrid where he didn't have a great deal to do, although admittedly he's a fantastic shot stopper especially considering his lack of height. I think Cabellero or Begovic are better options and would be happy to rotate with Hart for a couple of seasons, a bit like how Sven played the keepers (9 or 10 games each then rest one, not giving one just cup games). We need the keepers to get an understanding with the defenders in front of them and the consistent changes aren't helping.

I also think that Baines would be a bad buy, he is a good player but not much better than what we have already, I know his assists and free kicks would add to our team, but is he really as consistent as some reckon, plus he's nearly 30 so how much time does he have left at the top of his game. I think we need a left back in the Marcelo mould, who can get forward quickly and has some bite to his play. I'd like us to sign Luke Shaw but I'm sure our scouts must be able to find young alternatives in South America or somewhere in Europe.

Gundogan is a good shout, as are Matuidi or Pogba, we also have to remember that Yaya unfortunately won't be around forever, it's strange how we reckoned that we have moved from the idea of a back two with Yaya and Fernandinho, having a midfield three with another holding player in there. I too think Gundogan might be difficult to sign but wasn't he quoted last summer as saying he wasn't as tied to Dortmund as most of their other players.

I think we need another top quality centre back, there is no reason why Rekik would step into our line-up, especially if Nastasic isn't good enough to play every game. The mistakes would still be there, maybe Rekik could start the odd game at left back initially, before he competes with Nastasic, both players are still a little too young, and we could have the same problem with Zouma if we signed him too. One mistake and half the "fans" would be on his back too. Even Inigo Martinez made a mistake against Utd last week and he's a little older than the 3 mentioned above but is still a good option, he put the own goal behind him and then grew into the game afterwards.

We do need a left sided option to mirror Navas, Nasri isn't a left winger, and sometimes we have utilised Kolarov in this role this season, but we need a better player for this position. Maybe Jovetic can play here, but his role is more central ideally, Reus too would be a more central player, but I think despite Nasri's improvement that Reus is a better player than him. I agree that Milner should get more time in central midfield, maybe his occasional poor passing is what keeps him out of the side, but perhaps Pellegrini is missing his strength which is very important in our domestic league.

I think City are now at a point where we may sell some of our first choice players and replace them with similar but slightly better options, such as Reus for Nasri, or cash in on Yaya for an equally good midfielder like Gundogan. I just hope we don't make mistakes doing this because it could be very costly, but to keep improving we need to unearth players who can challenge the established stars we have in our squad.

Casillas in January if we can and a center back close to the quality of Kompany.

The other parts of the field should be looked at at the end of the season, but these two key areas I mentioned are what will cost us any trophies this season if you ask me.

A top quality left back, a top quality two footed centre half and a top quality midfielder who can play both the AM and DM roles are what is required.
We will get two of these in January

BlueAnorak said:
A top quality left back, a top quality two footed centre half and a top quality midfielder who can play both the AM and DM roles are what is required.
We will get two of these in January

I hope any players we buy will have two feet

People thinking we're gonna sell half the squad and get in a bunch of places need to go back to playing FM or fifa. We aren't spending 20m+ on casillas or baines. Stop being delusional

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.