January transfer window

r.soleofsalford said:
out kolarov, clichy, barry, sinclair, dzeko, lescott.

in baines, shaw, hummels, mangala,

Why the fuck would we sign hummels and mangala

Unfortunately other club chairmen and boards are not exclusively made up of York-away standard City supporters.

Thus many of these suggestions will prove unworkable, sadly.

Interesting to see who might ACTUALLY be a target, though. I really had liked that young LB that played at Lille last year, but I think PSG grabbed him in the summer.

Wasn't there a young Dutch LB we were looking at not long ago? Willams i think his name was.

Other than Mangala, i can't think of another CB out there thats realistic. I very much doubt Dortmund would sell Hummels in Jan, has he ever indicated he wants to leave?

We definitely need to try for a quality keeper , either to replace Joe or to provide competition for him. If DeMic comes up to scratch we should be ok at CB, otherwise we would need to look for another CB. Given that January is a very difficult window, I wouldn't recommend any other activity.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Wasn't there a young Dutch LB we were looking at not long ago? Willams i think his name was.

Other than Mangala, i can't think of another CB out there thats realistic. I very much doubt Dortmund would sell Hummels in Jan, has he ever indicated he wants to leave?
Kurt Zouma who we've been linked with quite a bit looks absolutely brilliant for Saint Etienne. Only 19 as well.

I think Zouma's one of those defenders who's peaked ridiculously early due to his bulid. If I'm wrong then he'll be some fucking unit. He reminds me of Sol Campbell.

Vermaelen?

Kompany knows how him well from the Belguim team. He plays left-side of defence whenever I have seen him play and he is a very good player. Injury prone but with Nastasic as cover and rotation option it wouldn't be the end of the world when he is out. He would be fairly cheap and a move that could happen imo.

That's my shout for a cheap and good option. He's not playing at Arsenal (due to the good partnership they have formed) and is nearing 18 months mark on his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.