January transfer window

Despite Hart's indifferent form, I think not panicking to buy a GK would give Pants a fair shot at being first choice. The issue I see here is not about buying someone to replace Hart but more of knocking Hart down a few notches from his high perch and letting him know that he has some competition in Pants as well. Moreover, Pants doesn't appear all too shabby in the league cup matches I saw him played in. So, it will be a waste of good cash to spend it on a GK when there's already 2 decent GKs in the squad.

Also, despite a good amount of voices calling for a new CB, Pelle needs to see how Demi does before making a decision on whether to move for more CB cover and I have heard from fans who have seen Demi play for his previous teams that he is a pretty good defender. City desperately needs a second-in-command at the back and Demi with all his experience, may be able to provide that. I think a younger CB should be only considered come the summer if Lescott decides to leave eventually but we have Boyata waiting in the wings though as well as Rekik.

I think a bigger issue lies in midfield. You cannot pick a reliable choice after the first choice pairing of Fernandinho and Yaya. Letting De Jong, City's most natural DM go and replacing him with the inferior Garcia has taken an effective defensive dimension away from City's midfield. Rodwell has been piss poor so far after showing some good form towards the end of last season and it seems like his injury woes will never end. To not make the decision to loan Barry, the third best midfielder behind Fernandinho and Yaya out, look like a foolish move, City should get at least a reliable third choice midfielder and one that offers something different from the dynamic duo we have.

Hard to see where we really need to strengthen toe team. Possibly in the left back position, and Coentrao would be a great pick. Davis or Shaw would also be great, but would cost English premium.
But I think any business will wait until the summer t-window, when we will see a lot of faces leave, such as Dzeko and Lescott.

There were stories in the press in summer that if we qualified for the last 16 in Europe that Pellegrini would be given a sizeable budget to spend in Jan (50 million was mentioned at the time). Of course this could be press bollocks, but maybe there is some truth in it and we may buy 1 or 2 quality players who can be used to strengthen our race for the title, while we also try to progress in the Champions league.

I know it is said that top quality players can't be bought in Jan but maybe we can buy one top player and also buy a younger up and coming player too.

Jimfv1 said:
There were stories in the press in summer that if we qualified for the last 16 in Europe that Pellegrini would be given a sizeable budget to spend in Jan (50 million was mentioned at the time). Of course this could be press bollocks, but maybe there is some truth in it and we may buy 1 or 2 quality players who can be used to strengthen our race for the title, while we also try to progress in the Champions league.

I know it is said that top quality players can't be bought in Jan but maybe we can buy one top player and also buy a younger up and coming player too.

Well if it's true and the management have watched our performances then the obvious choice is Baines as he wouldn't be Euro Cup-tied.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Jimfv1 said:

Well if it's true and the management have watched our performances then the obvious choice is Baines as he wouldn't be Euro Cup-tied.

Rather take Shaw for me, younger and plenty of time to improve, but I'd like to think a good centre-back would be priority.

Would like to see us take a run at Alonso or Khedira. We are very thin in the midfield. After Yaya and dinho we don't have a lot to choose from. Garcia who's very average & brings nothing going forward. Rodwell is always injured but even when healthy isn't a creative type player. We saw how little we could create vs NU in the CC cup until Silva came on. Going to be hard for Madrid to keep both those guys happy along with Modric and Illarramendi. Alonso is a free agent in the summer so maybe he can be convinced. With the world cup on the horizon Khedira would want more game time.

There are keepers out there that could be available. Casillias not getting games but is he ready to leave Madrid? Julio Cesar is available and a good keeper but he seems to be more interested in money than playing. Wouldn't take a pay cut to go to Arsenal or Napoli. Preferred to not even make the bench for QPR in the championship. That scares me away from him. Would Stoke sell Begovic and risk getting relegated?

Don't see Southampton selling Shaw in January either. They want to qualify for europe. Will be much harder without him. Maybe in the summer.

After spending 100 Million Pound in the summer, I think we should stick with what we have.

Fit Kompany and Jovetic will be like new signings.

Jimfv1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Jimfv1 said:

Rather take Shaw for me, younger and plenty of time to improve, but I'd like to think a good centre-back would be priority.

Wouldn't want Shaw stepping into CL at this stage, as an understudy yes.

CB, no point if they're CL cup tied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.