January transfer window

Unless we can get a top quality left winger and/or DM, I don't want to see anyone brought in.

Hart should be persisted with, you don't kick him to the curb when he's in a bad run of form. We know what he can do, it's just a matter of getting him back there.

For LB unless we can get Shaw, I'd keep the Clichy & Kolarov partnership going.

i just hope for 2 signing (don't care if it just on loan)..

1- Centre back
- experienced player like Vermaelan, Agger etc to cover for Kompany, and for the worst case scenario if Demichelis also injured himself.

2 - Defensive midfield
- Experienced player like Alonso, etc to cover for Fernandinho. we can't rely this one to Rodwell or Garcia.

i want to see City to challenge for 2 major trophy this season - UCL & premier league.

ws01 said:
Unless we can get a top quality left winger and/or DM, I don't want to see anyone brought in.

Hart should be persisted with, you don't kick him to the curb when he's in a bad run of form. We know what he can do, it's just a matter of getting him back there.

Who would you want to see at Left Wing/DM?

MillionDollarDream said:
ws01 said:

Who I want and who's an actual realistic target are two very different things, lol.

I'd like to see El-Shaarawy on the left wing, although dealing with Milan is difficult and his ties to the club are strong.

DM someone like Matuidi or Pogba. Maybe Khedira if the price is right.

In saying all that, big transfers rarely happen in January, so we'll most likely going to have to wait until the summer window for any significant purchases.

What I want is no major changes from us anymore from here on in. Maybe just 1-2 quality additions each summer to keep the squad fresh and your usual hopeful quality youngsters to complement it. We need to be settled and the squad needs to develop a proper culture & character over the next few years. Can't simply just go out a pay shitloads of money for anyone in sight simply because a player of ours is in a downturn. Where's the man management and class in that?

All I ask (easier said than done though) is that from now on when we do intend to make a significant purchase it's in a position of need and the player of quality - don't care what we spend individually if that's the line we take. If a suitable player does not exist, then we should remain patient and not make any rash decisions (ala Javi Garcia for 16 million).

Too many people treat transfer windows like Football Manger tbh.

ws01 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
ws01 said:

Who I want and who's an actual realistic target are two very different things, lol.

I'd like to see El-Shaarawy on the left wing, although dealing with Milan is difficult and his ties to the club are strong.

DM someone like Matuidi or Pogba. Maybe Khedira if the price is right.

In saying all that, big transfers rarely happen in January, so we'll most likely going to have to wait until the summer window for any significant purchases.

What I want is no major changes from us anymore from here on in. Maybe just 1-2 quality additions each summer to keep the squad fresh and your usual hopeful quality youngsters to complement it. We need to be settled and the squad needs to develop a proper culture & character over the next few years. Can't simply just go out a pay shitloads of money for anyone in sight simply because a player of ours is in a downturn. Where's the man management and class in that?

All I ask (easier said than done though) is that from now on when we do intend to make a significant purchase it's in a position of need and the player of quality - don't care what we spend individually if that's the line we take. If a suitable player does not exist, then we should remain patient and not make any rash decisions (ala Javi Garcia for 16 million).

Too many people treat transfer windows like Football Manger tbh.

I could see us getting Matauidi, Pogba would be a stretch. I think this is the season where we will stop the massive spending. I agree we need to only make significant purchases from here on out and continue to work with what we have while making sure we don't treat the team like we have in addressing the CB needs.

There were some rumors that if we get through to the next round of Cl,pelle will get an extra 50 m to spend,hope its right,one lb one cd is all we need to have a real go on both fronts

I think we could see a proper defensive midfielder come in January.

To get through to the next rounds of Cl I hope Pellegrini realises we need to go with a 3 man midfield with a designated defensive midfielder.

Whilst I trust Garcia, there are better players out there and someone such as Matuidi could be available, we could throw them a few million to get the deal done early like Spurs did with Holtby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.