January transfer window

For me, Coentrao, Casillas and another CB would be plenty. We are stacked for attacking options and our midfied has barely been stretched so far. Getting rid of Dzeko, Lescott and either LB would balance it out nicely

Why settle for Coentrao when there are better options out there? (Not saying Coentrao isn't a good player.)

Because there aren't better options out there? Certainly not available ones, especially in the January window. He's never had a run of games at Madrid, but you have to remember he was a £30m signing when they bought him (inexplicably, given that they had no intention of playing him) He's consistently fantastic for Portugal, was fantastic for Benfica before that. He's going to be an absolute steal for whoever gets him

Stoned Rose said:
depps said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Cuadrado for a pacy wide option on the right or left? Takes on a man, a good crosser and shouldn't cost too much. Him and Navas would stretch teams like crazy.

Have seen this guy mentioned a couple of times now but don't know anything about him other than what his wiki page says. Would somebody who watches Serie A on a regular basis mind filling me in on him?

Where does he rate among Serie A wingers? is he also a competent defender like his wiki page suggests or would he be just stop gap defence cover? can he actually play both sides?

If everything on his wiki page is accurate then he sounds like an ideal addition to the squad.

If everything on his wiki page is accurate then he sounds like an ideal addition to the squad

Daryl-meme-feat.jpg

Sorry I'm not used to communicating through pictures I found on the internet so I can only assume you are calling me a 'mug' or something for stating that "if everything on his wiki page is accurate then he sounds like an ideal contribution to the squad." Thank you for that valuable contribution.

Thank you more to those posters with some knowledge of Italian football who provided some additional information on the player like I asked.

BigOscar said:
Because there aren't better options out there? Certainly not available ones, especially in the January window. He's never had a run of games at Madrid, but you have to remember he was a £30m signing when they bought him (inexplicably, given that they had no intention of playing him) He's consistently fantastic for Portugal, was fantastic for Benfica before that. He's going to be an absolute steal for whoever gets him

But we shouldn't spend 20m on him just because he may be available. He's not a good defender and we need a good defender at LB first and foremost. Don't want to see the club making a panic buy and overspend on less than elite players. There has to be a good young LB that we can get to develop.

Mr. Aguia said:
BigOscar said:

But we shouldn't spend 20m on him just because he may be available. He's not a good defender and we need a good defender at LB first and foremost. Don't want to see the club making a panic buy and overspend on less than elite players. There has to be a good young LB that we can get to develop.

Madrid were apparently happy to loan him out in September, and with it being a World Cup year I'm sure he's desperate to play, so why don't we try and bring him in for six months on loan in January? We made a similar deal with Madrid involving Adebayor so I would assume we're on decent terms with them. Then we could see if he really is the answer at left-back while he plays for a contract or puts himself in the shop window.

I think GK and LB should not be our top targets. It is very likely that Clichy and Hart will find their form and besides, Pantillimon and Kolarov are both doing pretty good as it is. Definitely No.1 and No.2 targets should be a CB and DM. If we could get Mangala and Matuidi, wow, the squad would be just about complete.

there is no doubt the squad has an imbalance at the moment, we are top heavy with talent. We need the back to be as good as the front, (Deep breath, ) that means replacing both left-backs, both right-backs and a DM. Those we have are fine for back-ups, but to reach the very top are not quite good enough in my very humble opinion. Therefore the replacements will be very hard to sign and very expensive and be experienced in the latter stages of big tournaments which rules out those who have potential no matter how great.
It's tough at the top, even tougher getting there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.