January transfer window

Ive heard good and bad news this morning.

Good: we apprantly want Varane and Garay

Bad: we want to sign Begovich for £15m plus Hart on loan.

I don't personally believe any of them but i'd love Varane, him and Nastasic would be a defense match made in heaven.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

I don't personally believe any of them but i'd love Varane, him and Nastasic would be a defense match made in heaven.

sorry mate but why would that be bad???

TCIB said:
Am i the only one not particularly arsed ?

I mean we have a damned good squad as it is, i think the summer window has exhausted my transfer lust.

The results so far have shown we can struggle when our best players are missing.

The absences of Kompany and Fernandinho in particular weaken us significantly.Also we are in need of a top quality left back IMO.

richards30 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

sorry mate but why would that be bad???

I wouldn't send my worse enemy to Stoke, Pantilimon is doing fine and we're going to ease Joe back in, at least give him till summer.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

Varane is impossible. We maybe get Zouma or Mangala ?

the squad should be good enough for the prem, but realistically not to win CL this year. Therefore i believe our targets should be mid-twenties with proven ability at the top. 'Potential' is for teams on a tight budget, too risky for our first team.
We have the nucleus of a team to challenge the top German and Spanish clubs, but there is an imbalance between the front and the back that needs addressing. No doubt it will be.
We should not be in a rush to offload in Jan, it will be another couple of years before our EDS lads are knocking on the door to provide genuine cover.
I expect any signings to be presented as "done and dusted" rather than the media-fests that have blighted some of our past ventures.
So, no names, just an opinion on how we climb to the very top.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

looks like this lot are on a fishing expedition

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/445239/Man-City-s-Sheikh-Mansour-posts-Instagram-pic-with-Real-Madrid-president-Florentino-Perez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... tino-Perez</a>

MillionDollarDream said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
FantasyIreland said:
PB has stated he believes a deal is already in the pipeline for a player.

I hope its Zouma or an equal quality centre half.

why would you want a kid, no matter how talented, in it that position, we need proven CL quality because Vinnie is becoming trouble with these injuries.

Bc it's hard to get "CL quality" talent to leave, more than likely already comfortable at a CL squad. Would you keep Savic and leave Nastasić? Zouma would be excellent for the squad to learn from some of the best.

That was a direct swap, kid for kid.

I'd rather not buy anyone and buy the absolute #1 target in the summer, squad management is hugely important and we can't just be buying players willy-nilly.

Sheikh Mansour met with Florentino Perez in Abu Dhabi on Sunday.
January transfer maybe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.