January transfer window

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MillionDollarDream said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
why would you want a kid, no matter how talented, in it that position, we need proven CL quality because Vinnie is becoming trouble with these injuries.

Bc it's hard to get "CL quality" talent to leave, more than likely already comfortable at a CL squad. Would you keep Savic and leave Nastasić? Zouma would be excellent for the squad to learn from some of the best.

That was a direct swap, kid for kid.

I'd rather not buy anyone and buy the absolute #1 target in the summer, squad management is hugely important and we can't just be buying players willy-nilly.

zouma is a number 1 target. kid is 18 and shut down psg. he's exactly the kind of talent we need and a perfect successor to vk. ready to play now if need be

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Ive heard good and bad news this morning.

Good: we apprantly want Varane and Garay

Bad: we want to sign Begovich for £15m plus Hart on loan.

I don't personally believe any of them but i'd love Varane, him and Nastasic would be a defense match made in heaven.
I'm not quite seeing the bad news,Varane absolutely no chance !

Bpughh said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Bc it's hard to get "CL quality" talent to leave, more than likely already comfortable at a CL squad. Would you keep Savic and leave Nastasić? Zouma would be excellent for the squad to learn from some of the best.

I'd rather not buy anyone and buy the absolute #1 target in the summer, squad management is hugely important and we can't just be buying players willy-nilly.

zouma is a number 1 target. kid is 18 and shut down psg. he's exactly the kind of talent we need and a perfect successor to vk. ready to play now if need be

There's a difference between shutting down a team for St. Etienne in the French League and shutting out Bayern in the CL with Nastasic beside you. By all means as a squad player in place of Lescott, but we need someone with CL experience to partner/cover for Vinnie in the big ties imo.<br /><br />-- Nov 28th, '13, 14:02 --<br /><br />
Bpughh said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
MillionDollarDream said:

There's a difference between shutting down a team for St. Etienne in the French League and shutting out Bayern in the CL with Nastasic beside you. By all means as a squad player in place of Lescott, but we need someone with CL experience to partner/cover for Vinnie in the big ties imo.

5 key issues
GK
LB
CB
CM
Sale

We are vulnerable at these 4 positions.
Gk: I'll take a wait and see approach, then decide in the summer.

Lb: probably a summer decision too. Kolarov is improved, but Clichy has regressed. So rather than getting an improved backup we might be needing a superior starter.

CB: if Kompany comes back healthy and plays out the season (unlikely), I'd like us to table this until the summer too. We need a starting caliber CB, I don't have one right now, but there will be enough to look at come summer.

CM: needs immediate attention. Yaya and Dihno'S are being worked to the ground. Yaya especially is too old to be played this much. But the drop off after those 2 is humongous. My choice ( Yohan Cabaye). Perfect CM to join the fold. Can play all 3 positions and is solid all round. If he is our only January signing, I'll be delighted.

Sale:
this is a bit sad for me because I'd be advocating the sale of players I have always stood up for. But practically this are the best decisions to make.
1. City does not need nor should it carry 4 strikers. Currently it does, so one has to go. Dzeko is the clear choice. Good player, wants to be the starter. Wouldn't happen here, and we have too many strikers. Time to make the decision and cut ties. Aguero, Negredo and jovetic can handle the load.
2. Garcia: unlike most, I don think he is a bad player. Don't even agree he is the worst on our squad. But if we have to improve our CM position by bringing in the non English Quota Cabaye, then another non-English guy has to go.
3. The other reason why Garcia has to go, is coz Lescott has to go too. And if Lescott has to go then Rodwell must stay..

I am not a big fan of injury prone players, but we seem to have one at every position. And that frankly is too many, and we should look at reducing the injury prone in our ranks. But that's a discussion for another day.
The only 2relatively stable positions are LB and GK. all the other position has a consistently injured player on board

3 strikers only is risky considering:

1. Jovetic is injury prone
2. The number of games we have and need for rotation
3. MP prefers to play 2 strikers for almost every game
4 jovetic best and favored position isn't as an out and out striker

I think the fourth striker could be a young guy willing to sit on the bench for important games and come in for the lesser cup games.

jared said:

I think the fourth striker could be a young guy willing to sit on the bench for important games and come in for the lesser cup games.
If we get another creative threat/winger it becomes more easy to play one up top.

jared said:

Agreed. While I didn't state it. My view was the above. With a youth player as that guy.
That said,
1. Hopefully this is just a season of bad luck. As he played a full season last year.
2. Rotation is what Jovetic should provide.
3. That's fine, he should play 2, but if 2 strikers are injured then he adjusts.
4. Jovetic never has to play as one. We have Kun and the Beast for that role

Dax777 said:
5 key issues
GK
LB
CB
CM
Sale

Can`t see us addressing the situation big time until the summer. Fine tweeking, and a little more luck with injuries will hopefully see us to a successful end to the season. Also, clubs just do not let their best players go in the January market. Money may talk, but then they have to try and get replacements in. But to summarise:

GK - Situation will remain as per until the summer when there will be a lot of soul searching. Pants` and Hart`s positions will depend on how this season pans out, but I reckon one will be gone in the close season. A chance then for Pellegrini to get his own man in. Willy to be Hart`s back up, or Casillas with Pants as back up?

LB/RB - The dream signing would be Vertonghen, who can fill the left back and centre half role. The we have the right back situation, Micah has to improve (performance and fitness) otherwise an understudy to Zabaletta is required.

CB - As above, Vertonghen. We have Demichelis and Kompany for the right side. Nastasic and Vertonghen can cover the left side.

CM - Cabaye, excellent choice. Has been quoted today as saying he wants Champs League football.

SALE - Letting Kolarov and Lescott go and replacing with one player in Vertonghen would allow hopefully the integration of Rekik into the squad. Guidetti has a chance to go out on loan which will make or break his City career. Personally, I believe if he gains any sort of success he`ll replace Dzeko who will end up at Dortmund.
Garcia, if somebody comes in must be offloaded as he is not suited to the pace of the Premiership.

Overall I believe any purchases will depend upon departures, and this will most likely happen in the summer.

Not many changes until the Summer. One or two in January depending on availability and we will offload Edin Dzeko as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.