January transfer window

Dzeko has to go IMO. Negredo makes him look average at best. Sell dzeko and bring in the Nigerian lad and/or let guidette step up.

Vidal for CM would be a good but for the money, although he would cost 35-40 m he would allow yaya important rest and would add a whole new dynamic in an already solid midfield.

Ray78 said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Dzeko will not be sold in January unless we buy a replacement !

Not necessarily a striker.
yeh, if we got an AM or winger then we could sell Dzeko and Guidetti could fill in for him or if there was an injury to a striker we could afford to play one up top due to more AMs and wingers.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bpughh said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
That was a direct swap, kid for kid.

I'd rather not buy anyone and buy the absolute #1 target in the summer, squad management is hugely important and we can't just be buying players willy-nilly.

zouma is a number 1 target. kid is 18 and shut down psg. he's exactly the kind of talent we need and a perfect successor to vk. ready to play now if need be

There's a difference between shutting down a team for St. Etienne in the French League and shutting out Bayern in the CL with Nastasic beside you. By all means as a squad player in place of Lescott, but we need someone with CL experience to partner/cover for Vinnie in the big ties imo.

-- Nov 28th, '13, 14:02 --

Bpughh said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
That was a direct swap, kid for kid.

I'd rather not buy anyone and buy the absolute #1 target in the summer, squad management is hugely important and we can't just be buying players willy-nilly.

zouma is a number 1 target. kid is 18 and shut down psg. he's exactly the kind of talent we need and a perfect successor to vk. ready to play now if need be

There's a difference between shutting down a team for St. Etienne in the French League and shutting out Bayern in the CL with Nastasic beside you. By all means as a squad player in place of Lescott, but we need someone with CL experience to partner/cover for Vinnie in the big ties imo.

We stole Nastasic from Fiorentina in exchange for Savic even though they are happy with him, he still makes the same mistakes as when we had him. Zouma is a big time top tier player and still very young while playing in a top league. Zouma Nastasic and Rekik would be the future of our squad for many years to come.

zandvoort blue said:
Dax777 said:
5 key issues
GK
LB
CB
CM
Sale

Can`t see us addressing the situation big time until the summer. Fine tweeking, and a little more luck with injuries will hopefully see us to a successful end to the season. Also, clubs just do not let their best players go in the January market. Money may talk, but then they have to try and get replacements in. But to summarise:

GK - Situation will remain as per until the summer when there will be a lot of soul searching. Pants` and Hart`s positions will depend on how this season pans out, but I reckon one will be gone in the close season. A chance then for Pellegrini to get his own man in. Willy to be Hart`s back up, or Casillas with Pants as back up?

LB/RB - The dream signing would be Vertonghen, who can fill the left back and centre half role. The we have the right back situation, Micah has to improve (performance and fitness) otherwise an understudy to Zabaletta is required.

CB - As above, Vertonghen. We have Demichelis and Kompany for the right side. Nastasic and Vertonghen can cover the left side.

CM - Cabaye, excellent choice. Has been quoted today as saying he wants Champs League football.

SALE - Letting Kolarov and Lescott go and replacing with one player in Vertonghen would allow hopefully the integration of Rekik into the squad. Guidetti has a chance to go out on loan which will make or break his City career. Personally, I believe if he gains any sort of success he`ll replace Dzeko who will end up at Dortmund.
Garcia, if somebody comes in must be offloaded as he is not suited to the pace of the Premiership.

Overall I believe any purchases will depend upon departures, and this will most likely happen in the summer.

This sounds too sensible to me !

Cabaye could play in Europe for us, and I think Vertonghen may be eligible too, with only playing in the Europa, but not sure on that one.
New castle will sell if the offer comes in and Vertonghen may move to play for a club who should be assured of challenging for the title, instead of a team who are challenging for top four and still trying to integrate new signings.

Jimfv1 said:
zandvoort blue said:
Dax777 said:
5 key issues
GK
LB
CB
CM
Sale

Can`t see us addressing the situation big time until the summer. Fine tweeking, and a little more luck with injuries will hopefully see us to a successful end to the season. Also, clubs just do not let their best players go in the January market. Money may talk, but then they have to try and get replacements in. But to summarise:

GK - Situation will remain as per until the summer when there will be a lot of soul searching. Pants` and Hart`s positions will depend on how this season pans out, but I reckon one will be gone in the close season. A chance then for Pellegrini to get his own man in. Willy to be Hart`s back up, or Casillas with Pants as back up?

LB/RB - The dream signing would be Vertonghen, who can fill the left back and centre half role. The we have the right back situation, Micah has to improve (performance and fitness) otherwise an understudy to Zabaletta is required.

CB - As above, Vertonghen. We have Demichelis and Kompany for the right side. Nastasic and Vertonghen can cover the left side.

CM - Cabaye, excellent choice. Has been quoted today as saying he wants Champs League football.

SALE - Letting Kolarov and Lescott go and replacing with one player in Vertonghen would allow hopefully the integration of Rekik into the squad. Guidetti has a chance to go out on loan which will make or break his City career. Personally, I believe if he gains any sort of success he`ll replace Dzeko who will end up at Dortmund.
Garcia, if somebody comes in must be offloaded as he is not suited to the pace of the Premiership.

Overall I believe any purchases will depend upon departures, and this will most likely happen in the summer.

Cabaye could play in Europe for us, and I think Vertonghen may be eligible too, with only playing in the Europa, but not sure on that one.
New castle will sell if the offer comes in and Vertonghen may move to play for a club who should be assured of challenging for the title, instead of a team who are challenging for top four and still trying to integrate new signings.

Levy got £30m for Berbatov, £35m for Modric and £85m for Bale, not a pray we'll get Vertonghan in January. He would be a perfect signing but we will have to pay £30m+ for him, we should of signed him when he was at Ajax.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Jimfv1 said:
zandvoort blue said:

Levy got £30m for Berbatov, £35m for Modric and £85m for Bale, not a pray we'll get Vertonghan in January. He would be a perfect signing but we will have to pay £30m+ for him, we should of signed him when he was at Ajax.

True, but if AVB wants to buy a striker, I can see him either having to sell a player, or maybe a swap for Dzeko ?

I think City would prefer Dzeko to go abroad, but if a deal suits both clubs then maybe we could do business with them. After all they took Adebayor from us, ....?

We better not buy Vertonghen for 25 or 30 million :( coz I'd be really pissed. As this guy was available for 10 million for 2 years, yet we busied ourselves with Savic and the like :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.