January transfers

Re: January Targets

FantasyIreland said:
Ray78 said:
There is no chance we can land a major transfer this January.

For the 4th striker position we wouldn't need one.

A player of Bony's calibre would be the ideal.

A decent player but Swansea will take the piss with the price.

What would you think? 20m?

or would you prefer Rodriguez for slightly less?

On a side,i was very impressed with Valencia at the WC,and after last nights debut i'll be watching his West Ham progress very keenly

I can't see us buying anybody in January unless something special opens up like a a top player being unsettled or Dortmund want to cash in early on Reus (possibility if they're knocked out of the CL).

It's nonsense that there's no good business to be done in January. Last January, we very nearly signed Mangala and Fernando, whilst Chelsea signed a key player in Matic. Liverpool in previous years signed Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho in the January window. Man United signed Vidic and Evra in a January window and even Mata last season.

Yes there's been lots of flops as team rush and panic, but still some very good players have been signed in January the last few years.

If we can't get Reus I reckon we should make a play for Gerard Deulofeu. Would be a good backup to Silva/Nasri.

It will be HG or U21 players that we buy if anything and that will depend on whether Milner renews or not.

lmjones1uk said:
It will be HG or U21 players that we buy if anything and that will depend on whether Milner renews or not.

I would like to see us buy 1 or 2 young English prospects and loan them back to their club. The homegrown issue is something we will be looking at without a doubt, especially if Milner/Sinclair/Boyata leave in the next 12 months.

CityFan94 said:
lmjones1uk said:

I would like to see us buy 1 or 2 young English prospects and loan them back to their club. The homegrown issue is something we will be looking at without a doubt, especially if Milner/Sinclair/Boyata leave in the next 12 months.

I hope we just promote rather than buy because personally outside of Sterling and Barkley I don't see the point in paying a premium or any English players at the moment.

Lopes will replace Milner next season in my opinion and if Devante Cole carries on the way he is he may find himself getting that 4th choice striker role, although a loan to a club in a top division would be his likely next step.

Our academy is one of the best in Europe and the talent is there, we just have to be patient and give the lads time, sooner or later we have to start promoting though.

sam-caddick said:
CityFan94 said:
lmjones1uk said:

I hope we just promote rather than buy because personally outside of Sterling and Barkley I don't see the point in paying a premium or any English players at the moment.

Lopes will replace Milner next season in my opinion and if Devante Cole carries on the way he is he may find himself getting that 4th choice striker role, although a loan to a club in a top division would be his likely next step.

Our academy is one of the best in Europe and the talent is there, we just have to be patient and give the lads time, sooner or later we have to start promoting though.

I was talking about signing young players, most likely teenagers. Something like the deal Newcastle did for the two lads at Forrest. If we did that with someone like Will Hughes, it could prove to be very good business in a few years.

For example, if we'd signed Luke Shaw at the start of last season and loaned him back, what would the price have been? £10 million at most? Looking back that would have been great business. Same with Ross Barkley, how much would he have cost at the start of last season? Certinaly a hell of a lot less than the £50 million we were quoted this summer!

The trick is signing these players before they make a big impact because, when they do, their price absolutely skyrockets.

Over January and next summer Isco, Pogba and Reus are all achievable signings imo and will add exactly what we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.