January transfers

Re: January Targets

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Pogba, Reus and Lucas Moura are exactly what we need IMO.

Moura is a great shout, but would only be of interest if Navas decided to go back home. And he's cost an absolute shitload.

I don't think we will bring in anyone in January, unless injuries has forced us to. Next summer I hope we will be all in for Barkley and Reus, let go of Yaya and possibly Nasri, if the right offer came in.

Matt the Giant said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Pogba, Reus and Lucas Moura are exactly what we need IMO.

Moura is a great shout, but would only be of interest if Navas decided to go back home. And he's cost an absolute shitload.

I don't think we will bring in anyone in January, unless injuries has forced us to. Next summer I hope we will be all in for Barkley and Reus, let go of Yaya and possibly Nasri, if the right offer came in.

we'll definately bring in a CM in jan. If yaya cant be arsed and Lampard going, thats going to leave us ridiculously short

According to reports in the Portuguese media Manchester City last night sent scouts to Portugal to watch the Champions League game between FC Porto and Bate Borisov. The Premier League champions were present in Portugal on a frequent basis last season and in the summer they did business with the Portuguese club.

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo revealed that Manchester City were among a number of Premier League clubs reported to be on the scouting list that attended the game. The game ended in a 6-0 victory for Porto which has got them off to an ideal start in their group stage opener. There have been no reports who the Manchester club were watching last night but there was an array of talent on show including the likes of Mexican winger Hector Herrera and Colombian forward Jackson Martinez.

Herrera was one of the stars of the World Cup in Brazil this summer and his performances during the competition has brought him to the attention to a number of clubs. Colombia international Martinez could also be an option after they missed out on his fellow countryman Radamel Falcao to local rivals Manchester United in the last transfer window. With the injury concerns with Steven Jovetic and Sergio Agüero the club may need to bring in a forward in the January transfer window in order to defend their Premier League title.

Manchester City made several trips to Portugal last season and in particular to watch Porto. The club eventually bought two of their main assets in midfielder Fernando and defender Eliaquim Mangala in the summer transfer window and it seems they have kept an interest in the Portuguese side. With the level of competition in the Premier League this season Manchester City may have to bring in reinforcements in the New Year and it looks like they are already planning ahead

City are always on the list of clubs with scouts at both Benfica and Porto games, and usually Sporting as well, so I wouldn't read much into it. We always have people there, just keeping an eye on them, as they are such prolific recruitment spots.

Am not advocating any particular player but maybe we could find a suitable target who's in a similar situation to Milner ie good player with contract running down so current club take lower fee rather than lose them for nothing later.

FantasyIreland said:
According to reports in the Portuguese media Manchester City last night sent scouts to Portugal to watch the Champions League game between FC Porto and Bate Borisov. The Premier League champions were present in Portugal on a frequent basis last season and in the summer they did business with the Portuguese club.

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo revealed that Manchester City were among a number of Premier League clubs reported to be on the scouting list that attended the game. The game ended in a 6-0 victory for Porto which has got them off to an ideal start in their group stage opener. There have been no reports who the Manchester club were watching last night but there was an array of talent on show including the likes of Mexican winger Hector Herrera and Colombian forward Jackson Martinez.

Herrera was one of the stars of the World Cup in Brazil this summer and his performances during the competition has brought him to the attention to a number of clubs. Colombia international Martinez could also be an option after they missed out on his fellow countryman Radamel Falcao to local rivals Manchester United in the last transfer window. With the injury concerns with Steven Jovetic and Sergio Agüero the club may need to bring in a forward in the January transfer window in order to defend their Premier League title.

Manchester City made several trips to Portugal last season and in particular to watch Porto. The club eventually bought two of their main assets in midfielder Fernando and defender Eliaquim Mangala in the summer transfer window and it seems they have kept an interest in the Portuguese side. With the level of competition in the Premier League this season Manchester City may have to bring in reinforcements in the New Year and it looks like they are already planning ahead
Better get the bids in now then as there's bound to be third party ownership issues to sort out!

I know it's been said countless times, but I'd expect Isco to be here in January unless things drastically change at Madrid.

schfc6 said:
I know it's been said countless times, but I'd expect Isco to be here in January unless things drastically change at Madrid.

33092lc.gif

I don't think they would be keen on selling Isco in January. Maybe next summer if they sign a replacement. They need him for depth after selling Di Maria and it'd be a bit like us selling Navas in January. Bale/Ronaldo/James will typically start but Isco is really the only attacking midfielder in reserve with Jese injured. And it only takes one of them injured for Isco to probably be a regular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.