January transfers

Re: January Targets

I'm no cynic said:
bluechampion7891 said:
I'm no cynic said:
A point often ignored on here....

at the moment we have 16 non HG, and if we sign someone from a club which is in europe, we coudnt play them in CL anyways
That's true, and I wasn't trying to say otherwise. At the moment, as you say, we have just one place to fill, though if that player is Reus, Pogba or Isco, probably the most mentioned names on the transfer forum, none of these are likely to be leaving their clubs in January should their clubs still be in Europe. But when summer does come, there still can't be a wholesale recruitment drive from non HG sources without existing players being shipped out first, and that is the problem the previous poster was getting at.

true, although if reus does come it would definitely be at the expense of nasri, similarly isco for jovetic or nasri. pogba, still unclear whether he is HG, but if he does come in, he would probably replace yaya.

but agreed, in any case its sell and buy

I don't think we will go for Isco or a player with similar attributes when we have some good youth products potentially coming through in Pozo, Lopes and Garcia who are that style of player.

Reus is the type of attacking player we need, a quick inside forward type of player who can play anywhere behind the main striker.

If Reus cannot be obtained then I would be considering going all out for Sterling, who for me is the best teenage footballer in Europe at the moment, maybe even in world football.

Sterling, Barkley and promoting both Lopes and Pozo would be my preference next summer, in those players you have a great selection of exciting, quick, dynamic and powerful young players and would therefore set us up in regards to taking City into the next generation.

Being an English club I think we would should be doing our all in trying to sign the best English players and in Sterling and Barkley you have two players who could potentially be two of the best in their position in world football in the next few years.

unless we have injury problems of a longer-term nature I'd be surprised if we are in for anyone mentioned above come January, which typically isn't a window of major signings..

come next summer, perhaps - but there's an awful lot of football to play until then and a lot can happen.

City scouts have been spotted a few times at porto games recently .i wudnt be suprised if we go for a couple of there upcoming players again since they are a selling club .and january is usually hard to pick up decent players.

City scouts have been spotted a few times at porto games recently .i wudnt be suprised if we go for a couple of there upcoming players again since they are a selling club .and january is usually hard to pick up decent players.

birchwoodgingerste said:

Hopefully it's for their leftback Alex Sandro, he's class.

Bruun said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

Hopefully it's for their leftback Alex Sandro, he's class.

We already have a class left back, Alexsandro Kolarovr

Kolarov's all round game is lacking,he delivers a fantastic ball into the box and is always a threat at set pieces,i cant think of many better.
However,while i have concerns about his occasional casualness......his defending,positioning and pace could be much improved.
Not ideal for the complete left back and certainly an area of weakness that top quality opposition exploit.

It's hard to find a 'complete' left-back on the market at the moment. Nearly all of them have flaws and there's certainly no left-sided equivalent to Zabaleta we could go out and buy. Like Rodriguez would offer a great attacking threat but seems shaky defensively. Then you have those who are superb at the back like Azpilicueta (not that he's available) but offer feck all going forward. I think our set of left-backs are OK, at least until someone special appears. Kurzawa is probably the left-back we should take a punt on if we decide to buy one, he is good going forward and seems quite solid at the back with much room to grow at the age of 22. But someone in more pressing need of a left-back will probably take advantage of Monaco's situation first.

LoveCity said:
It's hard to find a 'complete' left-back on the market at the moment. Nearly all of them have flaws and there's certainly no left-sided equivalent to Zabaleta we could go out and buy. Like Rodriguez would offer a great attacking threat but seems shaky defensively. Then you have those who are superb at the back like Azpilicueta (not that he's available) but offer feck all going forward. I think our set of left-backs are OK, at least until someone special appears. Kurzawa is probably the left-back we should take a punt on if we decide to buy one, he is good going forward and seems quite solid at the back with much room to grow at the age of 22. But someone in more pressing need of a left-back will probably take advantage of Monaco's situation first.

That's why were looking at him and have been since the summer, other positions were deemed priority and rightly so but next summer may be different.

His style would certainly suit our game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.