Rodriguez

Fernando
Pogba/Barkley

Sterling
Silva
Reus

Kün

In: Pogba, Barkley, Rodriguez, Reus, Sterling

Juve want around £50m for Pogba, Everton are looking for £30m+ for Barkley, Reus has a buyout of around £25m-£30m, Rodriguez would be £15m-£20m and Liverpool would demand silly money for Sterling, £50m+.

Those players you want in would set us back £130m-£150m, where are we going to find that money, and with FFP as well?

I am not convinced of throwing a load of money at a load of top players is the answer, yes we need a few more top additions but for me we need more players worth the hunger and attitude of Milner, Zabaleta and Kompany primarily to get us in top notch shape.

I also think we have some talented youngsters ready to break through who would be working their hearts out to play in the first team if they could.
Is FFP affecting us another year?

Re: January Targets

What about a left back?

I thought Kolarov would kick on even more this year, but Clichy seems to be our first choice and Clichy isn't good enough for that.

Maybe Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg?

Personally, I'd be happy if we sold Yaya and brought in Barkley in January. We should have done that in the summer and Barkley's injury could mean he wouldn't be cup-tied in Europe.

sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Mcfchamps said:
Hart

Zabba
Komps
Mangala
Kolarov

Pogba
Fernando
Fernandinho

Silva
Reus
Kün

Yes please

Not bad for europe. But I would prefer this for the majority of games

Zabba
Komps
Mangala
Rodriguez

Fernando
Pogba/Barkley

Sterling
Silva
Reus

Kün

Juve want around £50m for Pogba, Everton are looking for £30m+ for Barkley, Reus has a buyout of around £25m-£30m, Rodriguez would be £15m-£20m and Liverpool would demand silly money for Sterling, £50m+.

Those players you want in would set us back £130m-£150m, where are we going to find that money, and with FFP as well?

I am not convinced of throwing a load of money at a load of top players is the answer, yes we need a few more top additions but for me we need more players worth the hunger and attitude of Milner, Zabaleta and Kompany primarily to get us in top notch shape.

I also think we have some talented youngsters ready to break through who would be working their hearts out to play in the first team if they could.

it was muppetry, partially. I'd expect us at most to get half of those types, and not necessarily the names listed. For e.g. there is not way we get both Pogba and Barkely.

Even if we assume an expense of 150 million, we should be able to afford it if not FFP sanctioned. We can spend another 20-30 million this season I think. We have got the negedo money coming in. Thats like 50 million. Yaya+Nasri+LB should be worth at least 40M, probably closer to 50. Thats 100 million that we can spend. Assuming further that sponsorships are increasing and wage bill is lowered and the new CL and PL money coming in we should be better off. Of course, failure to reach knockout stages this season would put a big dent IMO.

Anyways, back to reality. As far as first team is concerned, I honestly believe we can upgrade on 3 positions: LB, CM and winger. Yaya is a write off for me, even if he ends up performing superbly somehow and scoring a shit load of goals his negativity is affecting the whole squad and I don't like his attitude. Furthermore, we need a Silva class player for our other Wide Mifield role, whether that is Reus or Sterling or whoever. Nasri and Navas dont cut it for me for the 1st 11. Furthermore, we need someone who can take Set pieces: Corners, free kicks and penalties. With whip, curl, pace, height, we can easily average 2 goals per 3 games from corners and free kicks - we get so many of them, and we have great height, but the delivery is shit.

Further, since Lampard would go that opens a 4th choice CM spot. I am not sure whether any of our youngsters is ready for that role and Zuculini's situation isn''t looking good at the moment. I'd want out 3rd striker and 3rd choice AM or 4th choice wide man to be a youngster. Lopes, Pozo, Iheanaho - but I am not sure whether it would be more beneficial to us and them to be a squad player for a couple of years before possibly transitioning to the first team or spending that time out on loan.

For what its worth, this would be my squad for next season (doable even with FFP sanctions - maybe 1 name will miss out):

1st choice:
-----------------Hart or Begovic-------------- (the jury is still out on Hart)
Zabba---Komps---Mangala---Rodriguez
------------Fernando----Pogba----------------
-----------------------Silva------------------------
Sterling or Reus-----------------------Jovetic
----------------------Aguero---------------------

2nd choice:
-------------------Willy-------------- (the jury is still out on Hart)
Sagna---- CB?------CB?--------------Clichy or Kolarov (really don't care but probably Clichy due to being HG)
-------------Schneiderlin---Fernandinho-----------
Milner-------------------Ihenacho---------Lopes or Pozo
---------------------------Dzeko----------------------------

That's 22 players. I dont know about the CBs, but it might be the same as we currently have. That is get another year out of Martin and let Boyata expire his contract, Sagna can always fill in if needed. In the mean time allow Denayor to grow on loan and monitor Stones. Add in a 3rd choice GK and we have a basic 23 man squad.

Flexible enough to play 442,4231,433, but primarily setup to allow Silva to thrive. Midfield 2 is far more mobile. Mixture of youth(exuberance and hunger) and experience. Technically maybe slightly worse off than our current squad (Yaya is still technically amazing, cannot directly replace him. Nasri is also a technical player but I think we have outgrown him) but far superior physically and potential to grow. It is possible to still get another top class winger or a player like Barkley but it would require us to shift one of the younger players.

bluechampion7891 said:
sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Zabba
Komps
Mangala
Rodriguez

Fernando
Pogba/Barkley

Sterling
Silva
Reus

Kün

it was muppetry, partially. I'd expect us at most to get half of those types, and not necessarily the names listed. For e.g. there is not way we get both Pogba and Barkely.

Even if we assume an expense of 150 million, we should be able to afford it if not FFP sanctioned. We can spend another 20-30 million this season I think. We have got the negedo money coming in. Thats like 50 million. Yaya+Nasri+LB should be worth at least 40M, probably closer to 50. Thats 100 million that we can spend. Assuming further that sponsorships are increasing and wage bill is lowered and the new CL and PL money coming in we should be better off. Of course, failure to reach knockout stages this season would put a big dent IMO.

Anyways, back to reality. As far as first team is concerned, I honestly believe we can upgrade on 3 positions: LB, CM and winger. Yaya is a write off for me, even if he ends up performing superbly somehow and scoring a shit load of goals his negativity is affecting the whole squad and I don't like his attitude. Furthermore, we need a Silva class player for our other Wide Mifield role, whether that is Reus or Sterling or whoever. Nasri and Navas dont cut it for me for the 1st 11. Furthermore, we need someone who can take Set pieces: Corners, free kicks and penalties. With whip, curl, pace, height, we can easily average 2 goals per 3 games from corners and free kicks - we get so many of them, and we have great height, but the delivery is shit.

Further, since Lampard would go that opens a 4th choice CM spot. I am not sure whether any of our youngsters is ready for that role and Zuculini's situation isn''t looking good at the moment. I'd want out 3rd striker and 3rd choice AM or 4th choice wide man to be a youngster. Lopes, Pozo, Iheanaho - but I am not sure whether it would be more beneficial to us and them to be a squad player for a couple of years before possibly transitioning to the first team or spending that time out on loan.

For what its worth, this would be my squad for next season (doable even with FFP sanctions - maybe 1 name will miss out):

1st choice:

2nd choice:
Sagna---- CB?------CB?--------------Clichy or Kolarov (really don't care but probably Clichy due to being HG)

That's 22 players. I dont know about the CBs, but it might be the same as we currently have. That is get another year out of Martin and let Boyata expire his contract, Sagna can always fill in if needed. In the mean time allow Denayor to grow on loan and monitor Stones. Add in a 3rd choice GK and we have a basic 23 man squad.

Flexible enough to play 442,4231,433, but primarily setup to allow Silva to thrive. Midfield 2 is far more mobile. Mixture of youth(exuberance and hunger) and experience. Technically maybe slightly worse off than our current squad (Yaya is still technically amazing, cannot directly replace him. Nasri is also a technical player but I think we have outgrown him) but far superior physically and potential to grow. It is possible to still get another top class winger or a player like Barkley but it would require us to shift one of the younger players.

I agree with you, some of our 1st teamers need to go and we need some youthful but similar replacements.

Schneiderlin is also a good shout. He has Premier league experience and is a tryer too.

For me the only player I think we need in the transfer window for January is either Pogba or Scheliderln (both box to box middy). And is Fernado is holding middy we need one of them preferably Scheilderln because he's tried and tested.

bluechampion7891 said:
sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Zabba
Komps
Mangala
Rodriguez

Fernando
Pogba/Barkley

Sterling
Silva
Reus

Kün

1st choice:

2nd choice:

when will the jury decide harts fate pmsl

Rodriguez and Schneiderlin not good enough. Neither are better than anyone we have already in their positions. If we buy players we need to buy upgrades otherwise we won't improve.

Has to be one of Pogba, Vidal, Reus or Barkley for midfield (or someone of their ability). If only we'd signed Fabregas, we'd be sorted in midfield and Chelsea weaker. Should have gone all out for him when available, now we'll need to spend around £50m to get anyone that good.

No idea for a striker, depends how often Aguero and Jovetic are injured. Do we need a top one to play regularly (Cavani?) or a back-up who'll get a few sub appearances, in which case perhaps Rodriguez would do.

Jack Wills said:
Rodriguez and Schneiderlin not good enough. Neither are better than anyone we have already in their positions. If we buy players we need to buy upgrades otherwise we won't improve.

Has to be one of Pogba, Vidal, Reus or Barkley for midfield (or someone of their ability). If only we'd signed Fabregas, we'd be sorted in midfield and Chelsea weaker. Should have gone all out for him when available, now we'll need to spend around £50m to get anyone that good.

No idea for a striker, depends how often Aguero and Jovetic are injured. Do we need a top one to play regularly (Cavani?) or a back-up who'll get a few sub appearances, in which case perhaps Rodriguez would do.
Barkley isn't good enough for our midfield yet. Schniederlin is twice the player and destroyed our midfield last time we played Southampton, he is good enough for us now imo.

thesilvalining said:
Jack Wills said:

Barkley isn't good enough for our midfield yet. Schniederlin is twice the player and destroyed our midfield last time we played Southampton, he is good enough for us now imo.

We can't always go for the ready made player though.

I personally think we need to be looking at blooding though some youngsters and spending money on players in the 18-24 age bracket, even if it takes them a season or two to really hit it off with City.

We have too many players in the 26-32 age bracket and sooner or later we need to do what Chelsea did a few years ago and buy a load of promising young players even if it takes a season or two for them to get going.

Schneiderlin would be good enough for us and he is only going to be 25 in November but for me both Barkley and Pogba have higher ceilings than him.

I don't get why people are talking Rodriguez up because whilst being a decent player he isn't at our level and would just fill up a squad place rather than be a certain for a starting place.

I am also interested to see how he comes back from that injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.