January transfers

Re: January Targets

I would be surprised if we made any purchases in January.

If Toure goes to the African Nations Cup we may simply keep Lampard for another 4-6 weeks into mid Feb to cover for Toure.

We could sell Nastasic in January (I here Roma re interested in him) as the manager seems to have more faith in Boyata as 4th choice Centre Half to back up Kompany, Mangala, and Demichelis (and even Sagna I believe has played centre half for Arsenal on some occasions ?) Thus as it seems Pellegrini does not rate Nastasic, we may as well sell him in January if Roma or anyone else are prepared to pay at least the £ 12 million we paid for him. May as well have the money in the bank ready for the summer to add to the £ 24 million we should get for Negredo from Valencia in the summer. That gives us £ 36 million straight off.

Come next summer the big decision for City is will they keep Toure or sell him and replace him. Usual names for replacing Toure are Barkley and Pogba of course. If sold (say to PSG) we may get £ 20 million for Toure ? Everton will fleece us if we want Barkley and so will Juventus if we want Pogba (either at least £ 45 million) and any of these 2 transfers could drag on all summer.

Apart from centre midfield 2 other possible areas to strengthen are left full back and either left or right wing.

Not sure what the best left back option is, and for wingers it seems the main target would be Reus. If Reus signs a new deal at Dortmund they again would fleece us for £ 40 million + I suspect, otherwise if his release deal is £ 20 million, then a good target for City.

Thus at most do we only need 3 new signings for next summer

Left Back (for Clichy, thus keep Kolarov and have him + a new signing) ?
Centre Mid (to replace Toure) ?
Winger (a replacement for Navas ?

and hopfeully give Hart and Milner new contracts long before then and maybe having 1 or 2 from Zuculini, Lopes, Pozo and Fofana added to the 25 man PL squad.

If we could sell Nastasic, Toure, Clichy and Navas then the only other players to sell would be Sinclair and possibly Gudetti (loan to sale move at Celtic possibly) and then 1 from either Rekik or Denayer (whilst keeping the one not sold on loan).

Thus next summer:

Sales:
Toure £ 20 million ?
Clichy £ 5 million ?
Navas £ 10 million ?
Sinclair £ 3 million ?
Gudetti £ 3 million ?
Rekik £ 5 million ?

(Having already sold Negredo £ 24 million and Nastasic £ 12 million)

Purchases:
Barkley or Pogba £ 45 million ?
Reus £ 20 million ?
A left back to rotate with Kolarov (any suggestions) £ 15 million ?

On another point do you think City (if it ever became an option) would buy Messi for say £ 110 million to get one worldwide megastar if they could, and thus put many financial eggs in one basket, or is that now not the City way ? Also with the tax case against Messi would this also possibly put off the City hierarchy i.e. the ethos is a calm ship with no extra bad publicity wanted ?

City1974 said:

If Toure goes to the African Nations Cup we may simply keep Lampard for another 4-6 weeks into mid Feb to cover for Toure.

We could sell Nastasic in January (I here Roma re interested in him) as the manager seems to have more faith in Boyata as 4th choice Centre Half to back up Kompany, Mangala, and Demichelis (and even Sagna I believe has played centre half for Arsenal on some occasions ?) Thus as it seems Pellegrini does not rate Nastasic, we may as well sell him in January if Roma or anyone else are prepared to pay at least the £ 12 million we paid for him. May as well have the money in the bank ready for the summer to add to the £ 24 million we should get for Negredo from Valencia in the summer. That gives us £ 36 million straight off.

Come next summer the big decision for City is will they keep Toure or sell him and replace him. Usual names for replacing Toure are Barkley and Pogba of course. If sold (say to PSG) we may get £ 20 million for Toure ? Everton will fleece us if we want Barkley and so will Juventus if we want Pogba (either at least £ 45 million) and any of these 2 transfers could drag on all summer.

Apart from centre midfield 2 other possible areas to strengthen are left full back and either left or right wing.

Not sure what the best left back option is, and for wingers it seems the main target would be Reus. If Reus signs a new deal at Dortmund they again would fleece us for £ 40 million + I suspect, otherwise if his release deal is £ 20 million, then a good target for City.

and hopfeully give Hart and Milner new contracts long before then and maybe having 1 or 2 from Zuculini, Lopes, Pozo and Fofana added to the 25 man PL squad.

If we could sell Nastasic, Toure, Clichy and Navas then the only other players to sell would be Sinclair and possibly Gudetti (loan to sale move at Celtic possibly) and then 1 from either Rekik or Denayer (whilst keeping the one not sold on loan).

Thus next summer:

Sales:
Toure £ 20 million ?
Clichy £ 5 million ?
Navas £ 10 million ?
Sinclair £ 3 million ?
Gudetti £ 3 million ?
Rekik £ 5 million ?

Purchases:
Reus £ 20 million ?

On another point do you think City (if it ever became an option) would buy Messi for say £ 110 million to get one worldwide megastar if they could, and thus put many financial eggs in one basket, or is that now not the City way ? Also with the tax case against Messi would this also possibly put off the City hierarchy i.e. the ethos is a calm ship with no extra bad publicity wanted ?

NO

Stupid to sell Navas. He's an amazing squad player to have, I don't think anyone has more assists under Pellegrini.

Cant imagine we will sign anyone in January but summer targets should be Reus, Barkley and Kurawa/Rodriguez. We should sell reluctantly Kolarov(Clichy is home grown), Nastasic (Manny does seem to rate him) as well as Boyata and Sinclair.

Goalkeepers- Hart(HG), Willy, Lawlor/Gunn(HGC)
Defenders- Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy(HG), Kurawa/Rodriguez, Kompany, MDM, Mangala, Denayer/Rekik(HGC)
Midfielders- Silva, Navas, Nasri, MIlner(HG), Reus, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya, Barkley(HG) Lopes/Huws(HGC)
Forwards- Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Pozo/Cole(HGC)

25 players 4 club trained (Lawlor/Gunn, Denayer/Rekik, Lopes/Huws and Pozo/Cole) 4 country trained (Hart, Clichy, Milner and Barkley).
In January we should try to extend Lampard's loan deal until the end of the season or at the very least the end of February.

dachoosen1 said:
Cant imagine we will sign anyone in January but summer targets should be Reus, Barkley and Kurawa/Rodriguez. We should sell reluctantly Kolarov(Clichy is home grown), Nastasic (Manny does seem to rate him) as well as Boyata and Sinclair.

Goalkeepers- Hart(HG), Willy, Lawlor/Gunn(HGC)
Defenders- Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy(HG), Kurawa/Rodriguez, Kompany, MDM, Mangala, Denayer/Rekik(HGC)
Midfielders- Silva, Navas, Nasri, MIlner(HG), Reus, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya, Barkley(HG) Lopes/Huws(HGC)
Forwards- Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Pozo/Cole(HGC)

25 players 4 club trained (Lawlor/Gunn, Denayer/Rekik, Lopes/Huws and Pozo/Cole) 4 country trained (Hart, Clichy, Milner and Barkley).
In January we should try to extend Lampard's loan deal until the end of the season or at the very least the end of February.

Huws was sold to Wigan unfortunately.

Missed that! Always thought he could become a useful squad player, did we get much of a fee?

City1974 said:

Thus next summer:

Sales:
Toure £ 20 million ?
Clichy £ 5 million ?
Navas £ 10 million ?
Sinclair £ 3 million ?
Gudetti £ 3 million ?
Rekik £ 5 million ?

Purchases:
Reus £ 20 million ?

Sell Navas? Why?

There aren't many better impact subs around than him.

Not necessarily January targets but i think we should be aiming to get these players in the next year:

Ricardo Rodriguez to replace Clichy
Paul Pogba to replace Yaya
Ross Barkley
Marco Reus/Raheem Sterling

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bluechampion7891 said:
lampards past it and he and Yaya go in January so cover is needed.

Reports suggest Lampard is doing just fine and I believe his loan runs long enough that he will actually be logical cover for Yaya IF he goes to the ACoN. I say if, as it has been widely reported that it may not even be down to him, the coach has been quoted as saying Drogba and Yaya are the old guard and much as he appreciates all they have done it may be time to blood the younger players and build for the future, I wont be surprised if Yaya retires from Internatiuonal football and I'll always suspect it will be after a private conversation with the national manager that makes his mind up for him. IMO of course.
Pity he didn't retire Yaya this week then and save him an 8000 mile trip to the Congo.

Anyway I reckon we should go for some youngsters who can run fast - Gaya from Valencia and Musa from CSKA either in January or the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.