January transfers

Re: January Targets

sam-caddick said:
thesilvalining said:
Jack Wills said:
Rodriguez and Schneiderlin not good enough. Neither are better than anyone we have already in their positions. If we buy players we need to buy upgrades otherwise we won't improve.

Has to be one of Pogba, Vidal, Reus or Barkley for midfield (or someone of their ability). If only we'd signed Fabregas, we'd be sorted in midfield and Chelsea weaker. Should have gone all out for him when available, now we'll need to spend around £50m to get anyone that good.

No idea for a striker, depends how often Aguero and Jovetic are injured. Do we need a top one to play regularly (Cavani?) or a back-up who'll get a few sub appearances, in which case perhaps Rodriguez would do.
Barkley isn't good enough for our midfield yet. Schniederlin is twice the player and destroyed our midfield last time we played Southampton, he is good enough for us now imo.

We can't always go for the ready made player though.

I personally think we need to be looking at blooding though some youngsters and spending money on players in the 18-24 age bracket, even if it takes them a season or two to really hit it off with City.

We have too many players in the 26-32 age bracket and sooner or later we need to do what Chelsea did a few years ago and buy a load of promising young players even if it takes a season or two for them to get going.

Schneiderlin would be good enough for us and he is only going to be 25 in November but for me both Barkley and Pogba have higher ceilings than him.

I don't get why people are talking Rodriguez up because whilst being a decent player he isn't at our level and would just fill up a squad place rather than be a certain for a starting place.

I am also interested to see how he comes back from that injury.
I think we need 2 centre mids as yaya won't be here for much longer so I'd be delighted to get schniederlin(who will be much cheaper) and one of Barkley/pogba which would sort out our average age a lot.

Schneiderlin is a player who can come in in January and give some much needed urgency and fight to our midfield. He would be a long term replacement for one of the two Fern's and could easily give us 5 years of service and if he also classes as homegrown then even better.

Pogba probably couldn't move until summer but he can be an immediate replacement for Yaya. He has European experience and has some experience of the English style of play and the demands of the game over here from his time at the rags.

Barkley is harder to fit in our team because he is more of an attacking midfielder at present. He still has a few persistent injury problems and at 50 million is overpriced. I doubt we'd pay that though and if he can be compared to anyone it would be Lampard in positional play and style. He would definitely bring something to our team which we have lacked until Lampard joined us. He would play where most of us think Yaya should play which is forward in a five man midfield. A player who can arrive late in the box and grab plenty of goals.

One thing for sure we shouldn't really play Yaya, Silva and Nasri together in the tougher league and European fixtures.

Schneiderlin is a player who can come in in January and give some much needed urgency and fight to our midfield. He would be a long term replacement for one of the two Fern's and could easily give us 5 years of service and if he also classes as homegrown then even better.

Pogba probably couldn't move until summer but he can be an immediate replacement for Yaya. He has European experience and has some experience of the English style of play and the demands of the game over here from his time at the rags.

Barkley is harder to fit in our team because he is more of an attacking midfielder at present. He still has a few persistent injury problems and at 50 million is overpriced. I doubt we'd pay that though and if he can be compared to anyone it would be Lampard in positional play and style. He would definitely bring something to our team which we have lacked until Lampard joined us. He would play where most of us think Yaya should play which is forward in a five man midfield. A player who can arrive late in the box and grab plenty of goals.

One thing for sure we shouldn't really play Yaya, Silva and Nasri together in the tougher league and European fixtures.

I think our main need is to find a replacement for Yaya long term and also add a player like Reus, Hazard - that kind of style. Fernando is class and will be around for a long time and I think Fernandinho can play at the top level for another couple of years based on his fitness. We will eventually need someone to replace him but it is possible that player could emerge from the academy. This season we have shown that our squad can cope despite key players being either injured or off form. Milner has stepped up and added creativity and Lampard has provided goals that Yaya usually gets. We haven't suffered too much from Yaya's lack of form or Nasri's absence. If we want to hit the next level I do think we need to replace Yaya at the end of the season with a similarly attack minded physical player, and we also need that world class player who can skip past a few tackles and bury it in the net. In terms of raw talent Barkley could do both of those roles, albeit sporadically. Reus' name is often mentioned - and rightly so. Pogba seems to be a natural target considering he hates the rags and this would top that off!

If we go for Barkley over Pogba, that deal is definitely possible in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.