January transfers

Re: January Targets

George Hannah said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bluechampion7891 said:
lampards past it and he and Yaya go in January so cover is needed.

Reports suggest Lampard is doing just fine and I believe his loan runs long enough that he will actually be logical cover for Yaya IF he goes to the ACoN. I say if, as it has been widely reported that it may not even be down to him, the coach has been quoted as saying Drogba and Yaya are the old guard and much as he appreciates all they have done it may be time to blood the younger players and build for the future, I wont be surprised if Yaya retires from Internatiuonal football and I'll always suspect it will be after a private conversation with the national manager that makes his mind up for him. IMO of course.
Pity he didn't retire Yaya this week then and save him an 8000 mile trip to the Congo.

Anyway I reckon we should go for some youngsters who can run fast - Gaya from Valencia and Musa from CSKA either in January or the summer.
Also, Lampards loan (at the moment) only runs up to the 1st of January.

dachoosen1 said:
Cant imagine we will sign anyone in January but summer targets should be Reus, Barkley and Kurawa/Rodriguez. We should sell reluctantly Kolarov(Clichy is home grown), Nastasic (Manny does seem to rate him) as well as Boyata and Sinclair.

Goalkeepers- Hart(HG), Willy, Lawlor/Gunn(HGC)
Defenders- Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy(HG), Kurawa/Rodriguez, Kompany, MDM, Mangala, Denayer/Rekik(HGC)
Midfielders- Silva, Navas, Nasri, MIlner(HG), Reus, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya, Barkley(HG) Lopes/Huws(HGC)
Forwards- Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Pozo/Cole(HGC)

25 players 4 club trained (Lawlor/Gunn, Denayer/Rekik, Lopes/Huws and Pozo/Cole) 4 country trained (Hart, Clichy, Milner and Barkley).
In January we should try to extend Lampard's loan deal until the end of the season or at the very least the end of February.
I get the impression that Nasty is not well beloved of Manuel but who is Kurawa?
I am intrigued.

Yeah Nastasic really seems frozen out at the minute! Meant Kurzawa Monaco's left back great going forward and is improving a lot defensively still only 22/23! He looks a really top prospect.

dachoosen1 said:
Yeah Nastasic really seems frozen out at the minute! Meant Kurzawa Monaco's left back great going forward and is improving a lot defensively still only 22/23! He looks a really top prospect.
We urgently need another top centre back to replace Demichelis I think. If Vincent has another spell out with injury and if Nasty goes as expected, our cover is nowhere near what is needed. The loaned out EDS boys are still a long way off the required standard too.

I dont know how likely a deal could be. I suspect a lot would depend on where Liverpool finish this season, but we have to go for Sterling. One of the brightest prospects in a long time. I also think Jordan Henderson wouldnt be a bad shout as a rotation player while boosting our English contingent. He's been doing a relatively solid job and seems to be developing well.

id like a player who really goes past people in the final 3rd,when teams defend with 10 men behind the ball its so hard to break down,a player like hazard,sterling,robben,would be ideal.

who?

who knows!!

I know it's the morning after a disappointing result in Moscow but I really cannot see the current playing staff being good enough to win the Champions League and it's doubtful the have the nous to be successful in the Europa league either.

We need to put in place a plan to bring in some more skilful, quicker players to reach the latter stages of the Champions League. Struggling against the Russian Champions after being so far in front is very poor. We have to brush these teams aside if we genuinely harbour ambition to win this trophy. Madrid, Barca, Chelsea and especially Bayern Munich repeatedly show the way in what you need to be successful at this level in Europe.

You can not afford to sit back at this level and have to keep going and try to score until the end of the game. I know the penalty against us was never legitimate, but City as a club have to cater for dodgy decisions and just play the game to win, and win well every time they play in Europe.

Even if we don't sign anyone in January the I hope the club put in place plans to recruit some players of the same calibre as that which we currently possess, but with a much stronger mental attitude and desire to win these type of games. Ozil has been linked again, although it is in the Metro, he wouldn't bring anything different to this set of players. We need some stronger players to succeed in Europe or we risk being left behind by other clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.