January transfers

Re: January Targets

In: Pogba - Barkley - Reus - Kurawa/Rodriguez - J.Stones - W.Hughes
Out: Clichy/Kolarov - Yaya - Nasri - Jovetic - Nastatic

Goalkeepers- Hart(HG), Willy, Lawlor/Gunn(HGC)
Defenders- Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy(HG), Kurawa/Rodriguez, Kompany, MDM, Mangala, Denayer/Rekik(HGC)
Midfielders- Silva, Navas, Nasri, MIlner(HG), Reus, Fernando, Fernandinho,Pogba, Barkley(HG) Lopes(HGC)
Forwards- Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Pozo/Cole(HGC), Iheanacho.

I really hope the Ozil runours are bullsh*t the last thing we need is to turn into Arsenal buying these tippy tappy players with suspect characters that offer little when you haven't got the ball and go missing when the going get tough ...

We need:

A complete left back who is world class defensively and going foward ??

An attacking left sided player with pace - hopefully Reus

Get rid of Yaya ASAP and replace wirh Pogba or Barkley.

Milner & Hart will hopefully sign new deals.

According to reports in the Portuguese media Manchester City sent scouts to Portugal to watch the Champions League game between FC Porto and Athletic Bilbao. The Premier League champions were present in Portugal on a frequent basis last season and were in attendance at several Porto games.

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo revealed that Manchester City were among a number of Premier League clubs reported to be on the scouting list that attended the Champions league tie including local rivals Manchester United. The game ended in a 2-1 victory to the Portuguese side which sent them to the top of group H. There have been no reports in Portugal who the Manchester club were watching last night but there were players playing last night that the Premier League club could be interested in.

The Premier League side and Porto have formed close ties after conducting business in the transfer market during the summer. Manchester City spent most of last season watching Porto to monitor both Fernando and Mangala. The two players arrived at the Etithad during the last transfer window and it looks like the club are going to continue to send scouts to the Portuguese side’s games. It is unsure who they have their eye but Hector Herrera and Jackson Martinez are two names that clubs across Europe are looking at.

Herrera had on outstanding world Cup with Mexico and was one of the stars of the competition. His performances in the summer brought him to the attention of other clubs and he gave them a reminder by scoring Porto’s opening goal last night. Martinez himself didn’t have a good tournament but he has been in the headlines for the past three seasons for his goal scoring exploits at Porto. He could be an option to Manchester City if they decide to strengthen in the forward positions

Alex Sandro and Ruben Neves would be the ones I'd be interested in from Porto, not Herrera and Jackson. I've never been particularly impressed with Herrera, he's been nowhere near as good for Porto as he was for Mexico at the WC, and Jackson is just a poacher. Alex Sandro on the other hand could be the perfect solution to our LB situation.

BigOscar said:
Alex Sandro and Ruben Neves would be the ones I'd be interested in from Porto, not Herrera and Jackson. I've never been particularly impressed with Herrera, he's been nowhere near as good for Porto as he was for Mexico at the WC, and Jackson is just a poacher. Alex Sandro on the other hand could be the perfect solution to our LB situation.

Its possible Oscar as that piece simply reports we had representatives at the game,its guess work as regards the targets.

We are weak on our left side,so your suggestion makes sense.

FantasyIreland said:
BigOscar said:

Its possible Oscar as that piece simply reports we had representatives at the game,its guess work as regards the targets.

We are weak on our left side,so your suggestion makes sense.
Yeah, it's also highly possible that we were just there for the sake of it, as the Portuguese teams are constantly scouted by most big teams. Benfica release a list of teams who have scouts at each game and it's normally about 30 teams long, with all the usual contenders on it each time. That being said, if someone bothers to write an article on it you'd hope it was because a larger or more important scuting party had been sent to the game, but you never know with the laziness of some journalists.

Like I said though, Alex Sandro would be excellent. Herrera and Jackson, less so. Jackson is being whored around by his agent after signing a new deal in the summer with a lower release clause(from £35m to £28m), but he's not young and not really an upgrade on Dzeko or Negredo, and has a pretty large ego. I'd be very surprised if we are after him.

Watching the Liverpool v Real Madrid game, we could have another look at Isco. He hasnt had the game time he was promised and has played for pellegrini previously. Has a good work ethic of tracking back too, something which our forward players always want to leave to others!

Not sure there is any real chance of buying huge name players in January, but if we can get in a couple of players on loan with option to buy in the summer then that might be better. The foreign quota is a pretty big concern, forcing us to let people go if we want to bring in anyone and I'm not sure who we would realistically be able to get a good price for in January, it's hard to see who would be for sale anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.