January transfers

Re: January Targets

BigOscar said:
Not sure there is any real chance of buying huge name players in January, but if we can get in a couple of players on loan with option to buy in the summer then that might be better. The foreign quota is a pretty big concern, forcing us to let people go if we want to bring in anyone and I'm not sure who we would realistically be able to get a good price for in January, it's hard to see who would be for sale anyway
We have 1 foreign spot free in PL, yes in CL someone has to be dropped if we qualify.

MeatHunterrr said:
BigOscar said:
Not sure there is any real chance of buying huge name players in January, but if we can get in a couple of players on loan with option to buy in the summer then that might be better. The foreign quota is a pretty big concern, forcing us to let people go if we want to bring in anyone and I'm not sure who we would realistically be able to get a good price for in January, it's hard to see who would be for sale anyway
We have 1 foreign spot free in PL, yes in CL someone has to be dropped if we qualify.

Take your pick mate

Quite a few reporting pogba will sign a 3 year extension as early as today.

Football italia
Tutto sport
Tuttomercato
Di marzio
Palmeri

Is Barkley a realistic option in January? If yaya and lampard are to go, we surely have to be bringing in a midfielder, right?

Considering the squads recent performances what would we all like to see in the January transfer window, (if anything of course)? Would we be happy with no additions and Pellegrini to keep the faith in the current squad or would you want to see new faces and others to vacate?

I'm no manager but id like to see City pursuing a left back like Coentrao who's unhappy at Madrid, and Reus to sharpen up our struggling Midfield. Dzeko has been very frustrating to watch compared to his great end to last season so id even consider selling Dzeko and looking at Draxler (easier said than done).

To be honest I don't see any of this happening in January but apart from the Mangala issue its the only positions Manuel would think of tweaking.

What's everyone's opinion?

madden150 said:
Considering the squads recent performances what would we all like to see in the January transfer window, (if anything of course)? Would we be happy with no additions and Pellegrini to keep the faith in the current squad or would you want to see new faces and others to vacate?

I'm no manager but id like to see City pursuing a left back like Coentrao who's unhappy at Madrid, and Reus to sharpen up our struggling Midfield. Dzeko has been very frustrating to watch compared to his great end to last season so id even consider selling Dzeko and looking at Draxler (easier said than done).

To be honest I don't see any of this happening in January but apart from the Mangala issue its the only positions Manuel would think of tweaking.

What's the Mangala 'issue'

chris85mcfc said:
madden150 said:

What's the Mangala 'issue'

I kind of meant that the centre back position is a weak link also when Mangala is playing, but considering the money we spent on him we are hardly going to buy another centre back. To be honest I think Mangala will become more consistent anyway, here's hoping.

We has this left back issue for years now, what makes you think they'll address it this January? IMO I don't see us getting anyone.

I would love to see Sami Khedira arrive from Real Madrid. With Lampard only a short-term deal, Khedira would be ideal to compete with Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho. At 27, he isn't old and he can't be a bad player to get in the Real Madrid and Germany teams! He would be quite cheap too considering
he is out of contract next summer. Hector Herrera is another player linked, but I don't know much about him TBH.

I would also love to see Reus join, who apparantly has a buyout clause. Barkley also, but that will be expensive so more likely to happen in summer window. Ricardo Rodriguez would be good too, but I can't see Kolarov or Clichy leaving in Jan

I would like Jay Rodriguez here. Decent player, still hit to his peak and English. Would come off from a long injury so probably would be bit risky, but then again wouldn't cost too much. Wouldn't be too bad 3rd choice to be honest (or 4th choice from next summer)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.