January window

Doesn't surprise me. After all the initial excitement because of his YouTube videos, when watching full games, I was a bit underwhelmed.

I think Brighton's policy of taking chances on South American unknowns is probably the best route for Barco.
does me, outstanding technical player for his age, and we've tracked him for 2-3 years. pulled out very late. Really wonder what the kicker was.

does me, outstanding technical player for his age, and we've tracked him for 2-3 years. pulled out very late. Really wonder what the kicker was.
Dunno mate, but outside of the YouTube highlight reels, I personally didn't see enough potential in him at this very moment to warrant us taking a risk.

If he goes to Brighton & becomes a £60m player in the next 2-3 years, then so be it. But he could quite as easily not make the grade. It's the risks we run...

Last edited:
Dunno mate, but outside of the YouTube highlight reels, I personally didn't see enough potential in him at this very moment to warrant us taking a risk.

If he goes to Brighton & becomes a £60 player in the next 2-3 years, then so be it. But he could quite as easily not make the grade. It's the risks we run...
If he's that cheap I'll put up the money myself !

If he wasn’t made of glass, I’d agree with you. I like him and he’s a solid addition to the squad, but you only need to look at the Arsenal game to see he’s not even remotely a six.
I've seen him play 6 enough times to know it's within his range. But he is best in a double pivot. And he can play either the more advanced or the more defensive one in that double pivot.

In my opinion, if Rodti is not available we should always empty a double pivot rather than just 1 DM.

So it's not an issue per see. No backups are good enough to replicate Rodri's presence in a single pivot system. Our best bet is to simply go away from Single pivot if it ever was the case that Rodri had to miss a game.

Its a better option than hoping we can buy a top 5 DM in the world and hoping he'd come play backup to Rodri. That seems a fantasy to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.