Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of him.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=312178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=312178</a>

SPL to Premier League is quite a jump, championship is a level above the SPL, so this makes sense IMO. Better than him languishing on the bench behind VK, EM and MD.

citytill1die84 said:
Big thread on him further down mate.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=292964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=292964</a>

sorry mate...didn't notice the other thread!...thanks for your comments everyone!

alan w said:
Terrible idea if true , he could be playing champions league with Celtic next season at the pinnacle of club football.

I know a lot of EPL fans believe the championship is a superior standard than the SPL which simply isn't true. Top scorer is an SPL reject and the most expensive player is as well , what does that say about the standard?

Championship over Celtic will hold Denayer back , his progress will halt.

I would rather see him fight for first team place, but if that's not the path city decide then I agree. Another season for Celtic and continued exposure to European football is better experience than a year in the championship imo.

If true quite mad considering the remarkable ability he has shown, I hope the article is either bullshit or involves clubs that are in the championship but being promoted

Mixed view’s on this. It might be 1 season to soon for us given we have just extended MDM although that would be my preferred option as he can play midfield as well.

Scottish football is a strange mix of some big games / decent opposition (games against Milan were the highlight) and some small clubs grounds that would not make it in Div2. On balance it has been excellent for Denayer.

A championship club could provide a more consistent level and pressure, it is certainly a competitive league. It would be easier to find a decent club where he has a very strong chance of playing 30+ games where as in the PL every squad has at least 2 and probably 3 senior CB’s who will be on reasonable wages. Finding one who would likely play Denayer every week would be hard and he needs to play every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.