Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
CityFan94 said:
Pretty much the perfect loan spell.

Denayer is too good for the Championship next season, he's Belgium's third choice CB.

Kompany, Mangala and Denayer will be great options at CB next year, with Demichelis providing cover.

That's one of the reasons why he won't be in the Championship next season, why would he forfeit a place in the national team?

Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A or Ligue 1 hopefully for Jason next season.

He's far too good for the Championship. I say we loan him to one of the newly promoted sides. Those clubs always spend a little bit upon a move to the Premier League and this way they'll be taking care of a need without actually spending the money. If we wouldn't have extended MDM I would have preferred to keep Denayer, though. Still not opposed, but I think it's time to give Rekik a shot at the first team.

Have VK and MDM as the right footed center halves with Mangala and Rekik as the left. Once MDM's contract is up we then have Denayer take his spot.

KCblue said:
sam-caddick said:
CityFan94 said:
Pretty much the perfect loan spell.

Denayer is too good for the Championship next season, he's Belgium's third choice CB.

Kompany, Mangala and Denayer will be great options at CB next year, with Demichelis providing cover.

That's one of the reasons why he won't be in the Championship next season, why would he forfeit a place in the national team?

Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A or Ligue 1 hopefully for Jason next season.

He's far too good for the Championship. I say we loan him to one of the newly promoted sides. Those clubs always spend a little bit upon a move to the Premier League and this way they'll be taking care of a need without actually spending the money. If we wouldn't have extended MDM I would have preferred to keep Denayer, though. Still not opposed, but I think it's time to give Rekik a shot at the first team.

Have VK and MDM as the right footed center halves with Mangala and Rekik as the left. Once MDM's contract is up we then have Denayer take his spot.

The big question in that is whether Rekik is good enough for that role ( is he better than Denayer?)

sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 4m 4 minutes ago
Daily Star: Newcastle and Sunderland are monitoring City defender Jason Denayer (19) as they consider summer transfer options.

Loan yes, sale no way.

I thought we'd already agreed he's too good for a Championship side?

sam-caddick said:
Daily Star: Newcastle and Sunderland are monitoring City defender Jason Denayer (19) as they consider summer transfer options.

Loan yes, sale no way.

I'd actually say no to both options as both those clubs are a fucking state just ask either of their fans, especially Newcastle where Ashley would likely tell them to stop playing Denayer as they have other players to 'market' and the lack of spirit/attitude/commitment both dressing rooms and managements have demonstrated these past few years. Denayer is simply far too good to send him to potentially waste a year at those insane asylums. After his performances there simply will be more stable clubs interested.

sam-caddick said:

Loan yes, sale no way.

We won't sell him. Would happily loan to either of those two clubs - they generally have to do a lot of defending so he'd have to learn pretty quick but I think he'd do well. Playing in the right league to learn the pace/skill of the game in England and we'd then have a perfectly clear impression of what impact he could make for us.

I'm still reluctant to over play many of the youngsters we have. Our academy is still developing and I think the age group around 16 and under will make the biggest impact for us so we need to get as many players out on loan truly testing them because as Paddy V said - it's boys football at EDS level in this country and it's hard to get a true picture of things. It's only going to get better though looking at results for our younger age groups. The likes of Barker and Garcia have flown up the age groups and coped so give them a couple of years and they could be in and around the first team.

MC ID said:
sam-caddick said:

Loan yes, sale no way.

I'd actually say no to both options as both those clubs are a fucking state just ask either of their fans, especially Newcastle where Ashley would likely tell them to stop playing Denayer as they have other players to 'market' and the lack of spirit/attitude/commitment both dressing rooms and managements have demonstrated these past few years. Denayer is simply far too good to send him to potentially waste a year at those insane asylums. After his performances there simply will be more stable clubs interested.

Spot on.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
KCblue said:
sam-caddick said:

The big question in that is whether Rekik is good enough for that role ( is he better than Denayer?)

Rekik not good enough for Premier League,Denayer will be with time.

Tbilisi said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
KCblue said:
Rekik not good enough for Premier League,Denayer will be with time.

I doubt whether we're being sufficiently realistic. This is player who got selected into the Belgian senior squad (no. 3 on FIFA's world ranking) after just 5 (five!) official games with Celtic. A 19-year old that, at San Siro, completely neutralized Argentinian international Palacio, even after Virgil Van Dyck got sent off. If he keeps his head cool, Denayer will go to the very pinnacle of world football (as both Belgium's coach Wilmots and Belgian legend Staelens have indicated recently).

Instead of "not good enough for Premier League", I'd say: "too good for Premier League". Because let's be honest, the top of both La Liga and Bundesliga have been clearly stronger than the strongest teams in the Premier League, these last couple of Champions Leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.