Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Tbilisi said:
Maineman55 said:
I think you must mate, Javi was solid today when he came on.
Both our DM's were below par today.
It's very easy to look at players and have an opinion before they've played.
Sure Garcia's never going to be a starter.But he does what's asked of him.
And obviously Pellegrini trusts him.
Should we go on to win the league, then Garcia will definately have played his part.

Look at our biggest whipping boy last season. Aleks.
What a transformation under Pellers.
Outstanding again today.
And bringing so much more to the table than Clichy. Who frankly has gone backwards.

Garcia never does anything to contribute to the team,cant tackle or pass the ball forward,no where near good enough and never will be.

Demi aweswome today & I was so impressed with him in front of the back 4 v West Ham.Wins the balls and passes the fcuking thing forwards which is vital in the game we play.

Kolarov,however,my God,never seen such a transformation in a player.

"Garcia never does anything to contribute to the team" - well that statement contradicts itself, when he came on today and was a key part of a rearguard action that kept a belligerent team and a belligerent crowd at bay, and with a clean sheet. Stop fucking digging at him with a biased pre-conception and you might realise that he did fucking contribute today

No pre conceptions,not good enough.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:13 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
Tbilisi said:
taconinja said:
Yeah you were definitely watching a different game then since the facts of the match contradict your statement.

No they dont...what facts are they then?
Who passed the ball to Milner that began the play leading directly to our second goal?

It must have been sideways,good job it wasnt Milner to him or we would never have scored.

Tbilisi said:
BringBackSwales said:
Tbilisi said:
Garcia never does anything to contribute to the team,cant tackle or pass the ball forward,no where near good enough and never will be.

Demi aweswome today & I was so impressed with him in front of the back 4 v West Ham.Wins the balls and passes the fcuking thing forwards which is vital in the game we play.

Kolarov,however,my God,never seen such a transformation in a player.

"Garcia never does anything to contribute to the team" - well that statement contradicts itself, when he came on today and was a key part of a rearguard action that kept a belligerent team and a belligerent crowd at bay, and with a clean sheet. Stop fucking digging at him with a biased pre-conception and you might realise that he did fucking contribute today

No pre conceptions,not good enough.

-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:13 pm --

taconinja said:
Tbilisi said:
No they dont...what facts are they then?
Who passed the ball to Milner that began the play leading directly to our second goal?

It must have been sideways,good job it wasnt Milner to him or we would never have scored.[/quote]

if you've done your homework get off to bed

I'm starting to like him, instead off looking for the things he can't do(such as dribble, outpace someone, smash a volley in from 30 yards and drive a moped.) look at the things he can do such as play a simple pass and win the ball in the air.

Bet he's one of Pellers favourite players and always plays exactly to instruction

Never injured or suspended, rarely leaves the correct area of the pitch, clearly no problem on the character front, useful in the air especially on long kick outs by goalies, whilst on the deck he keeps the ball simple and blue

Did well today, calmed the game down nicely

Pellers trusts him, in Pellers we trust

Kun Aguero said:
I'm starting to like him, instead off looking for the things he can't do(such as dribble, outpace someone, smash a volley in from 30 yards and drive a moped.) look at the things he can do such as play a simple pass and win the ball in the air.

I remember when Martin Petrov was here and people were always moaning that he didn't track back, someone said that's the trouble in this country: we're too obsessed with what players can't do, rather than celebrating what they can do.

he's certainly nailed the 'coming on late to see the game out' role, but I fear that an injury to Dinho or Yaya will see him have to start games in a midfield 2. For me he's not good enough to do that and we need another centre mid

Its only fair to acknowledge his good performsnces as we do his poor ones. I have to admit i feared the pace of the game would be way too much for him, but he was steady and broke up a lot of their attacks as well as playing a good pass for milner in the build up to the goal.

I think he was helped by newcastles long ball tactics at that stage of the game as his aerial ability was never in question, its when the opposition plays around him on the deck thatbhe suffers.

Did well today.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with his passing. He's fantastic at it in fact. If the opportunity to go forward presents itself he does so very well, but if not he has the patience to go for the easy ball to a more creative player. That's exactly what you want from a not creative player.

My biggest issues is he gets caught flat footed quite often and players can just dribble round him, he doesn't press aggressively enough and he doesn't move forward with the ball.

All are coming together nicely in recent weeks. Great pass out to Milner too.

When he gets a goal he'll be transformed I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.