Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Tbilisi said:
BringBackSwales said:
"Garcia never does anything to contribute to the team" - well that statement contradicts itself, when he came on today and was a key part of a rearguard action that kept a belligerent team and a belligerent crowd at bay, and with a clean sheet. Stop fucking digging at him with a biased pre-conception and you might realise that he did fucking contribute today

No pre conceptions,not good enough.

-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:13 pm --

taconinja said:
Who passed the ball to Milner that began the play leading directly to our second goal?

It must have been sideways,good job it wasnt Milner to him or we would never have scored.[/quote]

if you've done your homework get off to bed

Night Dad

Looking better in recent weeks, if he can keep up the good run and keep it simple as he does, then I'll stop worrying when he is in the team. As always though I'll support the lad.

mansour's tow ropes said:
he's certainly nailed the 'coming on late to see the game out' role, but I fear that an injury to Dinho or Yaya will see him have to start games in a midfield 2. For me he's not good enough to do that and we need another centre mid
I think this is it with Javi. He simply doesn't have the skillset required against the top teams to start a game. The modern DM must be versatile and mobile. If something does happen tp Dinho or Yaya, then I am not sure that Javi fits the bill. The other problem, as LoveCity has pointed out, is that he has one of the lowest tacking stats in the team. He seems unwilling to get in there and actually tackle.

Having said that as a player to come on late and steady the ship for us, his attributes have been useful and I thought he did well in that role today.

Useful as a sub but not overtly spectacular, IMHO. He gets singled out for criticism but is a reasonable enough player when he's called on. I presume he's got a good attitude too.

peoffrey said:
Useful as a sub but not overtly spectacular, IMHO. He gets singled out for criticism but is a reasonable enough player when he's called on. I presume he's got a good attitude too.

I think his attitude is what nails it. Im sure he knows others in our squad have more talent than he can he ever dream off, but he appears popular and Pellers trusts what he gives. He will never be a world beater but I think he is becoming an important cog and option in our squad. Today will give him confidence and his ball to Jimmy for our second was superb.

We cant win every game loads nil and we will need Javi at times. The more confident he is and the more support he gets all the better for our aims

Rascal said:
peoffrey said:

I think his attitude is what nails it. Im sure he knows others in our squad have more talent than he can he ever dream off, but he appears popular and Pellers trusts what he gives. He will never be a world beater but I think he is becoming an important cog and option in our squad. Today will give him confidence and his ball to Jimmy for our second was superb.

We cant win every game loads nil and we will need Javi at times. The more confident he is and the more support he gets all the better for our aims

Being inept and having a poor attitude really would leave him struggling to get a match for Blyth Spartans.

Stabilised the game for me today when he came on. Newcastle found themselves lacking space in front of our defence when Garcia came on. Made a few crucial interceptions too.

In the end they resorted to free kicks and long balls to pose any threat which speaks volumes. Also Pellegrini is a genius for getting this guy to play half-decent. Miracle in itself.

Did a good job for us AGAIN. His critics will be growing fat with humble pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.