Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:
Dribble said:
Where Garcia has started to meet the minimum expectations is in games like yesterday where he's playing in a midfield 3 as a purely defensive midfielder.

I'll bite then, who else was in this midfield 3 you talk of?
I'm puzzled as well. Silva and Milner were rather far forward for that. Kompany perhaps? Although truly him stepping up into midfield is something he features every game.

He means Jovetic as he's just posted it in the other thread. Talking shite as usual.

Rammy Blue said:
taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:
I'll bite then, who else was in this midfield 3 you talk of?
I'm puzzled as well. Silva and Milner were rather far forward for that. Kompany perhaps? Although truly him stepping up into midfield is something he features every game.

He means Jovetic as he's just posted it in the other thread. Talking shite as usual.
It seems very hard for some of our fans to come to terms with the fact that Pellegrini definitely prefers playing two forwards with them interchanging and dropping deep to assist the midfield as outlets.

taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:
taconinja said:

It seems very hard for some of our fans to come to terms with the fact that Pellegrini definitely prefers playing two forwards with them interchanging and dropping deep to assist the midfield as outlets.

I kept a keen eye on Jovetic last night, he 100% lined up alongside Dzeko but his movement was incredible. He dropped off the central defenders and kept moving right across their backline which caused Matic and Mikel loads of problems, this in turn created more space for Yaya to drive into and Merlin to find gaps.

Damocles said:
Somebody who isn't always two seconds away from cocking it up

In his entire city career I don't remember him making a mistake that led directly to a goal when playing CDM.

There's this recurring assertion that he's error prone but I'm not sure what the evidence is.

NQCitizen said:
Damocles said:

In his entire city career I don't remember him making a mistake that led directly to a goal when playing CDM.

There's this recurring assertion that he's error prone but I'm not sure what the evidence is.

Partly cos he takes zero risks. I'd rather he took the odd risk and offered us something now and again than just drift along aimlessly which is what he's done for the most part of his City career. That said, he's steady enough and played very well yesterday

NQCitizen said:
Damocles said:

There always has to be a whipping boy, following city since 1969, i`ve heard some shameful abuse of our players by supposed blues. A knobhead behind me called Jovetic, `a fuckin rentboy` after he hit the bar. Some turned heads and glares made sure he kept his gob shut.

Rammy Blue said:
taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:

I kept a keen eye on Jovetic last night, he 100% lined up alongside Dzeko but his movement was incredible. He dropped off the central defenders and kept moving right across their backline which caused Matic and Mikel loads of problems, this in turn created more space for Yaya to drive into and Merlin to find gaps.

Agree - he is going to be some player. Always looking for space and good on the ball

The Fat el Hombre said:
NQCitizen said:
Damocles said:

Partly cos he takes zero risks. I'd rather he took the odd risk and offered us something now and again than just drift along aimlessly which is what he's done for the most part of his City career. That said, he's steady enough and played very well yesterday

That's true, he is incredibly reserved and composed in his play (personally I quite like that). But you always see people saying he makes tons of mistakes and I've no idea how they got that impression.

The Fat el Hombre said:
NQCitizen said:
Damocles said:

This.

It's a really tough one.

I struggle to understand what he has to offer. No creativity. Prone to losing the ball at ctrical times. However best game in a Blue shirt against the Chavs. I suppose the conclusion is that he is steady, but compared to the likes of Ferna, there is no comparison.

Scouse Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
NQCitizen said:

This.

It's a really tough one.

I struggle to understand what he has to offer. No creativity. Prone to losing the ball at ctrical times. However best game in a Blue shirt against the Chavs. I suppose the conclusion is that he is steady, but compared to the likes of Ferna, there is no comparison.

He's not prone to losing the ball, that's my entire point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.