Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
An amazing performance, and he had already been much improved the last few times he has played, and he is a perfect example of why people should keep off players backs - Kolarov has been slagged to fuck in here, Garcia has, Richards has, Rodwell has, Jovetic has, Fenandinho was in his first month, Hart was for a time, Clichy has, Dzeko has, Navas has, Nasri has, Demechelis has, Lescott has, Nasty has - perhaps if supporters could support rather than slag then players will do even better for us. I don't mean all supporters but there are fucking plenty who can only ever see the bad

A perfect post. Forums exist for fun and debate but we are often far too quick to judge players, especially those who are new to the club, country and culture. I have posted on several occasions about our need to back players until they do something to damage the reputation of the club; as Tevez and Balotelli arguably did.

Well done to Garcia and all of the players mentioned in your posting who have all, Rodwell apart, proven themselves after being slagged off. I only hope that Jack remains injury free for long enough to also prove people wrong.

oldius said:
BringBackSwales said:
An amazing performance, and he had already been much improved the last few times he has played, and he is a perfect example of why people should keep off players backs - Kolarov has been slagged to fuck in here, Garcia has, Richards has, Rodwell has, Jovetic has, Fenandinho was in his first month, Hart was for a time, Clichy has, Dzeko has, Navas has, Nasri has, Demechelis has, Lescott has, Nasty has - perhaps if supporters could support rather than slag then players will do even better for us. I don't mean all supporters but there are fucking plenty who can only ever see the bad

A perfect post. Forums exist for fun and debate but we are often far too quick to judge players, especially those who are new to the club, country and culture. I have posted on several occasions about our need to back players until they do something to damage the reputation of the club; as Tevez and Balotelli arguably did.

Well done to Garcia and all of the players mentioned in your posting who have all, Rodwell apart, proven themselves after being slagged off. I only hope that Jack remains injury free for long enough to also prove people wrong.

This thread is a perfect example of how a discussion forum works. Player plays badly = gets criticised. Player plays well = gets praised. Same goes for every fottball forum the world over I'd guess. Why people choose to rail against this is beyond me.

Garcia is at his best in these games against better sides, where he just has to do his job of demonstrating a bit of discipline, giving the back four some protection when the attacking players do their thing and mopping up/breaking things up and moving it on to the nearest blue shirt (usually worn by a player with greater footballing ability).

Before the Chelsea away game, I predicted on here that he'd have a surprisingly good game and it would kick-start his season/career at City. I was wrong. But, hopefully the fulfilment of my prophecy was just delayed a few months.

Probably already been said but was outstanding yesterday. Full credit to him for showing just why we bought him. One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but hopefully a few on here might just be sat waiting for their helping of humble pie!

I don't see why.

For the majority of his career in a Blue shirt he has alternated between terrible and shocking. Over the last 3 months he has alternated between passable and good.

For all of those talking about slagging him off; I'll mirror your own words back to you and you should have patience.

Javi Garcia isn't good enough for City as a player who fills in for Yaya or Fernandinho and a couple of good performances aren't going to change this. He might be worth keeping around as a guy who can retain in a 3 man midfield.

He and Rodwell will still go in the summer, hopefully to be replaced by Huws and a new signing

Damocles said:
I don't see why.

For the majority of his career in a Blue shirt he has alternated between terrible and shocking. Over the last 3 months he has alternated between passable and good.

For all of those talking about slagging him off; I'll mirror your own words back to you and you should have patience.

Javi Garcia isn't good enough for City as a player who fills in for Yaya or Fernandinho and a couple of good performances aren't going to change this. He might be worth keeping around as a guy who can retain in a 3 man midfield.

He and Rodwell will still go in the summer, hopefully to be replaced by Huws and a new signing

The fact that his form has picked up in the last 3 months on top of his performance yesterday shows that he still may have a role to play. Obviously if he doesn't improve or maintain this level of performance he will be offloaded but the fact is Garcia shown us (albeit in small glimpses) that he has the ability to succeed here. We need squad players and like you said tactically there will be games where we bring on an additional midfielder and Garcia is perfect for that.

It doesn't make sense selling him anyway. By all accounts we will be definitely be bringing in another midfielder to offer competition and cover for Yaya and Fernan. At this moment in time it looks like Fernando will be coming, but I cannot see us getting another who is better at doing the job Garcia does for us, who will be happy to be 4th choice.

BringBackSwales said:

Mmmmmm?

Nice to see my old mate Rammy acknowledging a superb performance. ;)

I'll eat some humble pie as he was excellent yesterday. He HAS to do it again on Tues, it might be a little tougher though. Good luck to him.

I always knew Garcia was a great passer of the ball and a decent defensive midfielder.His positioning is world class. When your positioning is perfect, tackling and intercepting the ball becomes extremely easy.

While he is okay in a open game where both teams are trying to attack, he becomes useless against teams that park the bus. He is no different to Gareth Barry in my opinion. Garcia demands less wages and is younger, hence why it was Barry that had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.