Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the complaint that he "isn't a good replacement for Yaya or Fernandino." Well no shit, if he was he might be starting. For me, he is a great fill-in. In a good system, if he plays within himself, he is a good footballer. What more do you want for the money?

Rascal said:
Nice to see my old mate Rammy acknowledging a superb performance. ;)

;-)

What impressed me more than anything was that he actually made the ball tick over by making decent quick passes into players' feet instead of the shithouse ones that he's made in most of his games.

I hope he can keep it up.

Rammy Blue said:
Rascal said:

;-)

What impressed me more than anything was that he actually made the ball tick over by making decent quick passes into players' feet instead of the shithouse ones that he's made in most of his games.

Perhaps attributable to more game time and settling into Pellegrini's system plus a general boost in confidence which my instinct is to also attribute to the manager. He runs a good ship.

Damocles said:
Somebody who isn't always two seconds away from cocking it up

I'm nearly always on your side of debates but I think you're ignoring your own motto here, as another poster pointed out.

I've supported Javi as a squad player from the beginning and I'll stand by that until he is sold, if that should happen.

taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:
Rascal said:

;-)

Perhaps attributable to more game time and settling into Pellegrini's system plus a general boost in confidence which my instinct is to also attribute to the manager. He runs a good ship.
Pellegrini's system is what makes the difference with Garcia. In a 4-4-2 he can't play a dynamic game in midfield as part of a 2. He hasn'tgot the energy, pace or speed of thought at the highest level to do this. Where Garcia has started to meet the minimum expectations is in games like yesterday where he's playing in a midfield 3 as a purely defensive midfielder.

He has a decent range of passing and he can tackle too, but if pressured in a midfield two, all his limitations come to the surface. He 's a good defensive midfield option to have in a midfield 3, but as I said before, I think there are better players out there who offer more flexibility in terms of playing in different systems.

Dribble said:
Where Garcia has started to meet the minimum expectations is in games like yesterday where he's playing in a midfield 3 as a purely defensive midfielder.

I'll bite then, who else was in this midfield 3 you talk of?

Rammy Blue said:
Dribble said:
Where Garcia has started to meet the minimum expectations is in games like yesterday where he's playing in a midfield 3 as a purely defensive midfielder.

I'll bite then, who else was in this midfield 3 you talk of?
I'm puzzled as well. Silva and Milner were rather far forward for that. Kompany perhaps? Although truly him stepping up into midfield is something he features every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.