Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
levets said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Well it depends on your point of view I suppose. Players in my experience tend to get singled out when they are seen as either not trying hard enough or being disappointing for a reasonably long period of time. Fans didn't judge Kolarov or garcia for being shit in a couple of matches, Kolarov has generally been very poor until this season, that's 3 seasons of him being disappointing by my reckoning. Now I admit there has been a marked improvement this season but how long should fans give a player before deciding that they can make a reasonable judgement? Same with Garcia, I don't buy this bullshit about being played out of position, he's played about half a dozen games at centre back and he barely played there at all in his fiorst 12 months at the club. He was poor for most of last season in midfield. He has been poor for much of this season and has had a marked improvement very recently. Nothing wrong with fans being disappointed in long periods of underperformance from players imo. And I'm not sure why you have a problem with the concept of "singling out," is it an inherently wrong thing to do in life no matter what the people being singled out do?

And I'm not sure why you have a problem with the concept of "singling out,"
==========
Are you kidding me? You're trying to wind me up surely?
Not at all, what is wrong per se with singling people out? Do you have a problem with people being singled out for praise when they do well for example?

It's not that and you know it ... it's the singling out of a group of players (same ones) persistently for criticism...

Not saying 'you' do this... but some do and quite vociferously, even heard some numb twat slagging Garcia before he's took to the pitch...

Has anyone seen this?
1896897_10152267110699697_748220858_n.jpg

jimbopm said:
Has anyone seen this?
1896897_10152267110699697_748220858_n.jpg

That's probably a little misleading in that he doesn't play in the 'big games' as much as he does in the games we should be winning. I would say he often gets rotated in against teams when Yaya or dinho can afford a rest. Thought that doesn't take away from the fact that he's playing well, I wouldn't mind seeing him next to dinho with Yaya further forward on Sunday.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that article can safely be labeled as "misleading" or "anomalous." Though I'm very glad he's improved and could be very valuable during the end part of the season.

Hating on our own players doesn't really help ....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9185416/premier-league-javi-garcia-believes-he-has-won-over-manchester-city-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -city-fans</a>

The Spain international, who signed from Benfica for £12.8million in August 2012, was used in a number of roles by former manager Roberto Mancini last term.

Garcia admits the 'stop-start' nature of his initial involvement hampered his progress, but is now enjoying his football more under new boss Manuel Pellegrini.

Player Profile
Javi Garcia

Appearances 19 (8)
Goals 0
Assists 0
Yellows 5
Reds 0
Current Season

He said: "It was hard last season because I was only involved occasionally and I found it difficult to get into a rhythm because I might play one or two games and then I wouldn't play for the next two or three - or be on the bench.

"That makes it impossible to get to the level you know you are capable of. That only comes when you have a run of games, so last season was very stop-start for me.

"There have been times when it hasn't been so easy. Sometimes in the quieter moments of a game, you can hear the fans maybe aren't happy with you.

"But things have been different recently and I know I have heard them getting behind me which helps me more
."

"Things have been different recently and I know I have heard them getting behind me which helps me more."

Javi Garcia

Important

City tackle Sunderland in the Capital One Cup final at Wembley on Sunday, with Pellegrini's side strong favourites to lift the first significant silverware of the season.

The Etihad outfit remain in contention for trophies on multiple fronts, but Garcia knows all their hard work will have been wasted if they end the season empty-handed.

He added: "This is the most important part of the season because things are coming to a head and we need to play better than ever.

"We have had a great season so far but as Vincent Kompany says, we've won nothing and if we end it with no trophies, all the hard work and goals we've scored will be forgotten and the season would mean nothing.

"I played against Chelsea at Wembley (in the FA Cup semi-final) last season and it was the first time I'd been there in the flesh.

"I was in awe, if I'm honest, and it is one of the best stadiums I've ever played in.

"Now we have the opportunity to play there against Sunderland and if we can beat Wigan in the FA Cup quarter-finals we'll be going there again - so we'll be doing our best to make sure we have three Wembley appearances this season.

Technically very good, good range of passing, calm under pressure and a good aerial presence. He can read the game very well. I would agree that his performances have only just been at the level required and expected but I think his interview explains it all. Coming to a new country, with a quicker style of football and being shown very little support from the manager means he was thrown in at the deep end. And the pace of the league meant he stuck out like a sore thumb. Has been shown more faith this season and has responded pretty well.

levets said:
Lancet Fluke said:
levets said:
And I'm not sure why you have a problem with the concept of "singling out,"
==========
Are you kidding me? You're trying to wind me up surely?
Not at all, what is wrong per se with singling people out? Do you have a problem with people being singled out for praise when they do well for example?

It's not that and you know it ... it's the singling out of a group of players (same ones) persistently for criticism...

Not saying 'you' do this... but some do and quite vociferously, even heard some numb twat slagging Garcia before he's took to the pitch...

I don't advocate fans abusing City players at the match whether it be singling players out for abuse or shouting abuse at the team as a whole, generally that does nobody any good at all. In my post where you originally picked up on my term "singling out" I said, "let's not pretend that fans have been singling him out on here despite him being really good." If players play well consistently they will get singled out for praise on here, if they are perceived as playing consistently poorly they will be singled out for criticism on here. It is a City discussion forum, it is not only inevitable that it will happen but I honestly don't think it is unreasonable either.

I don't understand why he doesn't get to play more often. He's our only natural holding midfielder.

He is no average holding midfielder either. He is an elite holding midfielder. We haven't seen the best of him because he has never had a real run of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.