Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
domination said:
I don't understand why he doesn't get to play more often. He's our only natural holding midfielder.

He is no average holding midfielder either. He is an elite holding midfielder. We haven't seen the best of him because he has never had a real run of games.

its just we don't need a holding MF player in 70/80% of our games as we dominate possession so why waste a player who isn't going to create or score a goal not just a player but a MF player ? think of the good maybe great United and Arsenal sides of late 90s early 00s who was their holding MF players ? Keane Petit Vieria now just look at how much more they offered apart from just up and down winning the ball back, they ran games scored and made goals, now i would say they were elite players and Garcia is far far from an elite player

bluemc1 said:
domination said:
I don't understand why he doesn't get to play more often. He's our only natural holding midfielder.

He is no average holding midfielder either. He is an elite holding midfielder. We haven't seen the best of him because he has never had a real run of games.

its just we don't need a holding MF player in 70/80% of our games as we dominate possession so why waste a player who isn't going to create or score a goal not just a player but a MF player ? think of the good maybe great United and Arsenal sides of late 90s early 00s who was their holding MF players ? Keane Petit Vieria now just look at how much more they offered apart from just up and down winning the ball back, they ran games scored and made goals, now i would say they were elite players and Garcia is far far from an elite player

Why did we concede so many goals this season ? It's because the back 4 aren't protected. We need to pair Fernandinho with Garcia if we want to have a rock solid defence.

Javi Garcia can offer more than side passes. His long range passes aren't bad. I don't know why he doesn't make more long passes to the wingers or strikers, but I know he is able to .

domination said:
bluemc1 said:
domination said:

Why did we concede so many goals this season ? It's because the back 4 aren't protected. We need to pair Fernandinho with Garcia if we want to have a rock solid defence.

Javi Garcia can offer more than side passes. His long range passes aren't bad. I don't know why he doesn't make more long passes to the wingers or strikers, but I know he is able to .

if we want a rock solid defence we should keep a stable defence with DEFENDERS, we had the best defence for 2-3 years running and part of that defence has been sat on the bench most games, at home if we play Fern and Garcia that leaves 2 spots so lets say YaYa and Silva, so your saying you would bench Nasri or Navas to have a player in the side that i can't remember his last assist ? AT HOME ?
i honestly think the reason he doesn't get in our best 11 is he's not in our best 11, he's showing a little more at the moment but i don't think i will ever call him elite

bluemc1 said:
domination said:
bluemc1 said:

if we want a rock solid defence we should keep a stable defence with DEFENDERS, we had the best defence for 2-3 years running and part of that defence has been sat on the bench most games, at home if we play Fern and Garcia that leaves 2 spots so lets say YaYa and Silva, so your saying you would bench Nasri or Navas to have a player in the side that i can't remember his last assist ? AT HOME ?
i honestly think the reason he doesn't get in our best 11 is he's not in our best 11, he's showing a little more at the moment but i don't think i will ever call him elite

Toure used to be balanced. He'd attack and defend. Now he only attacks, and leaves Fernandinho exposed. And then Fernandinho leaves the back 4 exposed. In the premier league we can get away with poor defending as we will outscore anyone but in the Champions League we could be in trouble.

I'd bench Toure. I really believe he is a surplus to our requirements. Fernandinho can do an excellent job in the more advanced role . He can attack and defend. Javi Garcia can be the defensive midfielder, giving the back 4 much needed protection. Javi Garcia's performance vs Chelsea has been his best in a City shirt. He's had a great performance vs Bayern Munich as well. He is far from average, the lad just needs the backing of the manager and the fans.

domination said:
bluemc1 said:
domination said:

Toure used to be balanced. He'd attack and defend. Now he only attacks, and leaves Fernandinho exposed. And then Fernandinho leaves the back 4 exposed. In the premier league we can get away with poor defending as we will outscore anyone but in the Champions League we could be in trouble.

I'd bench Toure. I really believe he is a surplus to our requirements. Fernandinho can do an excellent job in the more advanced role . He can attack and defend. Javi Garcia can be the defensive midfielder, giving the back 4 much needed protection. Javi Garcia's performance vs Chelsea has been his best in a City shirt. He's had a great performance vs Bayern Munich as well. He is far from average, the lad just needs the backing of the manager and the fans.

why hasn't this guy been banned already

TheProdigy2k9 said:
domination said:
bluemc1 said:

why hasn't this guy been banned already

It does seem fairly obvious at this point.

bluemc1 said:
domination said:
bluemc1 said:

Garcia has upped his game since getting over injuries and the arrival of Pellegrini, if he can continue to improve his game, then maybe he can be more than just a holding midfielder.
At the moment, he is turning into a very reliable shield for our somewhat creaky in the middle back 4, he could be turned into a centre back , he has the height, but needs to bulk up, but after a few appearances pre season at CB where he was awful, that might not happen anytime soon!
He certainly has better distribution than Lescott, and has become very mobile in the middle, more aggressive and assertive, his performance against Chelsea in the FA Cup was excellent

Bewar3them00n said:
bluemc1 said:
domination said:

Garcia has upped his game since getting over injuries and the arrival of Pellegrini, if he can continue to improve his game, then maybe he can be more than just a holding midfielder.
At the moment, he is turning into a very reliable shield for our somewhat creaky in the middle back 4, he could be turned into a centre back , he has the height, but needs to bulk up, but after a few appearances pre season at CB where he was awful, that might not happen anytime soon!
He certainly has better distribution than Lescott, and has become very mobile in the middle, more aggressive and assertive, his performance against Chelsea in the FA Cup was excellent

The reason he is actually playing better is that he has actually lost weight. His shirt is positively hanging off him. Previously he looked like bloody Jan Molby!

MaineRoadBlue said:
Bewar3them00n said:
bluemc1 said:

The reason he is actually playing better is that he has actually lost weight. His shirt is positively hanging off him. Previously he looked like bloody Jan Molby!
I don't mean eating all the Balti pies at half time! I mean lean muscle, upper body strength ! He struggled with the physicality of the Prem from the off, he always looked a bit like Bambi! Fernandinho has the right attributes, he seems to glide, while Garcia has improved he doesn't have that unshakable core like Fernandinho or Yaya

Bewar3them00n said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Bewar3them00n said:

I don't mean eating all the Balti pies at half time! I mean lean muscle, upper body strength ! He struggled with the physicality of the Prem from the off, he always looked a bit like Bambi! Fernandinho has the right attributes, he seems to glide, while Garcia has improved he doesn't have that unshakable core like Fernandinho or Yaya

There's nothing wrong with being big. Toure is quite big you know.

While Javi can be slow at times, he makes up for it with his excellent positioning. I have yet to see him make a serious mistake that cost us dearly.

The Javi Garcia of Benfica was confident, a warrior, a winner, now he looks anything but. That's what tends to happen when you are relegated to the bench.

I just hope Pellegrini soon realizes that Fernandinho and Garcia are our best midfield pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.