Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
For me Schneiderlin would be the perfect low cost replacement for Garcia. He plays for a club that implement a similar style of high pressing and high line defending and also like to play intricate passes through the middle of the park. Made the most interceptions in the premiership last season and is only 24. He would fit into City's side quite nicely in my opinion.

I really rate Schneiderlin but think, like Garcia, he'd struggle in a midfield two. I happen to think Garcia does a good job whenever he plays in a 3 man midfield.

bluefoever said:
I watched the first half of Juve - Roma last night. One player that Mancini was desperate to have was playing : De Rossi. From what I saw, he is exactly the same caliber ( but older and shorter) as Garcia. Then give him a chance, he will come good and MP is not blind, he sees things that we don't.

He got sent off 2nd half! haha

martin coen said:
why not try demichelis in midfield. against the weaker teams

I'd like to see us try that at some point. If anything happened to Fernandinho, I'd much rather give this a try than rely on Garcia starting for several weeks.

From the OS which I found interesting...

As a promising midfielder, Horsfield doesn’t have to look too far to find role models. Manuel Pellegrini’s first team squad is brimming with first-class talent in his position.

“My favourite ever player was Zidane. I think he’s a great player and I love watching him, but in our first team there are plenty of fantastic midfielders to look up to,” James enthused. “I admire Yaya Toure, Javi Garcia, and Gareth Barry was another one. They are all players that are brilliant on the ball, and it’s great they are at the same club and I can learn from them.”

ell said:
From the OS which I found interesting...

As a promising midfielder, Horsfield doesn’t have to look too far to find role models. Manuel Pellegrini’s first team squad is brimming with first-class talent in his position.

“My favourite ever player was Zidane. I think he’s a great player and I love watching him, but in our first team there are plenty of fantastic midfielders to look up to,” James enthused. “I admire Yaya Toure, Javi Garcia, and Gareth Barry was another one. They are all players that are brilliant on the ball, and it’s great they are at the same club and I can learn from them.”

That's very reasonable, he wants to look at our squad and learn from some midfielders who are "brilliant on the ball," of course you'd choose Garcia, he's probably the best on the ball. You wouldn't want to learn from chumps like Silva, would you? I'm just surprised his favourite ever player isn't Carlton Palmer.

I think Mr Horsfield could do himself the biggest favour by attempting to emulate the player that he mysteriously fails to mention - Fernandinho.

Best of luck to him.

Lancet Fluke said:
martin coen said:

I'd like to see us try that at some point. If anything happened to Fernandinho, I'd much rather give this a try than rely on Garcia starting for several weeks.

I think that some of Demichelis weaknesses, such as leaving his position to try & pinch the ball off strikers then missing it, would not be a problem if he was in front of the defence. He would be effectively closing down space quickly, & the striker who turns him would be running straight into Vincent Kompany.

He would be much better defensively than Garcia. Hard to tell if he would be a liability on the ball in that position though.

Neville Kneville said:
Lancet Fluke said:
martin coen said:

I think that some of Demichelis weaknesses, such as leaving his position to try & pinch the ball off strikers then missing it, would not be a problem if he was in front of the defence. He would be effectively closing down space quickly, & the striker who turns him would be running straight into Vincent Kompany.

He would be much better defensively than Garcia. Hard to tell if he would be a liability on the ball in that position though.

Dermichellis is less mobile and even his short passing can be shocking, if City are concerned about Javi then they will sort it but I doubt it would be with Martin.

Petetheblu said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Dermichellis is less mobile and even his short passing can be shocking, if City are concerned about Javi then they will sort it but I doubt it would be with Martin.

I've been crtitcal about some elements of MDM's play but whilst he may not be the most mobile, I definitely reckon he is more mobile than Garcia, mainly because he has something that Garcia almost never appears to have, a sense of urgency. MDM's passing is a bit hit and miss but he can also complete passes that Garcia wouldn't even have the balls to try. Consequently, I reckon he would slow the progress of our attacks down much less than Garcia does. I'd be surprised if pellegrini would be too bothered about the dodgy elements of MDM's play if he was playing infront of the defence because he doesn't even seem particularly concerned about them when he is at centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.