Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
CTID101 said:
Barkley would not demand to play every week?
Yeh ok then.

Does not play every week for everton so not gonna come to us and demand first team football every wk.
Well if he is leaving Everton then it will be for a big fee and a nice big contract. So yes he will expect and if he continues to play as he is then his ego which will be fed by him going to the world cup will also expect it.

He will not leave to go and sit on the bench somewhere else.

Re: Javi Garcia

Puppet Master Silva said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Shelvey NQ...... I'm not sure who you've been watching?? however,given your ludicrous defence of Garcia neither am i surprised you cannot recognise midfield proficiency.

I'm watching Jonjo Shelvey and funnily enough nearly every statistic supports my conclusions, not that you are weak enough to be seduced by anything like actual evidence. But he has "tenacity" which is an unquantifiable and largely pointless attribute.

It's not a ludicrous defence, it is pretty consistent with what a lot of people have said throughout the thread and is once again actually supported.

If you'd said any of:
Dembele
Matic
Inler
Matuidi
Gonalons
Schneiderlein
Wanyama

I wouldn't have disagreed they could play Garcia's role. But you said Shelvey. I'd be surprised if most people in this thread couldn't see why he'd be a useless replacement for Garcia.

Shelvey plays far more advanced role than Garcia so isn't a good example in the first place. Canas does a job for Swansea in Garcia's position, would of cost us a lot less too.

If we're looking for a player to do wat Garcia does but better, surely busquets from barca must be a consideration ??
I think pogba would be a great aquasition , but he more of an all round m/fielder- suitable for 4-4-2
The Everton kid looks good i have to say.
What about that Geoffrey kondogbia - i might have it slightly wrong , was he touted as being the next ya ya, think he was in Spain but may have moved on ?? Only young too ??

skybluepete said:
NQCitizen said:
I'm watching Jonjo Shelvey and funnily enough nearly every statistic supports my conclusions, not that you are weak enough to be seduced by anything like actual evidence. But he has "tenacity" which is an unquantifiable and largely pointless attribute.

It's not a ludicrous defence, it is pretty consistent with what a lot of people have said throughout the thread and is once again actually supported.

If you'd said any of:
Dembele
Matic
Inler
Matuidi
Gonalons
Schneiderlein
Wanyama

I wouldn't have disagreed they could play Garcia's role. But you said Shelvey. I'd be surprised if most people in this thread couldn't see why he'd be a useless replacement for Garcia.

Shelvey plays far more advanced role than Garcia so isn't a good example in the first place. Canas does a job for Swansea in Garcia's position, would of cost us a lot less too.

If we're looking for a player to do wat Garcia does but better, surely busquets from barca must be a consideration ??
I think pogba would be a great aquasition , but he more of an all round m/fielder- suitable for 4-4-2
What about that Geoffrey kondogbia - i might have it slightly wrong , was he touted as being the next ya ya, think he was in Spain but may have moved on ?? Only young too ??
We're not a diving club. He can go to the rags for that.

themachine said:
skybluepete said:

We're not a diving club. He can go to the rags for that.

Diver ?? Who we talking about ??

For me Schneiderlin would be the perfect low cost replacement for Garcia. He plays for a club that implement a similar style of high pressing and high line defending and also like to play intricate passes through the middle of the park. Made the most interceptions in the premiership last season and is only 24. He would fit into City's side quite nicely in my opinion.

skybluepete said:
NQCitizen said:

If you'd said any of:
Dembele
Matic
Inler
Matuidi
Gonalons
Schneiderlein
Wanyama

As has been said Pogba would be ideal but it would be difficult. Kondogbia just moved to Monaco in the summer and has been dropped recently and a bit of a let down. So probably not.

I watched the first half of Juve - Roma last night. One player that Mancini was desperate to have was playing : De Rossi. From what I saw, he is exactly the same caliber ( but older and shorter) as Garcia. Then give him a chance, he will come good and MP is not blind, he sees things that we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.