Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BluePhil8 said:
I've always stayed out of this thread. As far as I was concerned, Garcia was always just an option to come of the bench or to start against lower opposition. I've never understood people wanting him gone, we can't have Xabi Alonso sat on the bench every week. This season though, he has been great. Pelle won't get rid of him, he is "his" man. He knows he can rely on Garcia because they have been together at Madrid.

In fact I would even go as far as to say that today, we looked better when he came on for Yaya. Our second half was better than our first.
With Yaya, Nasri & Silva having off days, I thought the least we could do was hold them off. Garcia helped to do just that. The fact he had a hand with the 2nd goal-bonus.
People need to give Javi a chance-disappointed with the boos. If you back Pelle, you back his decisions. Nobody's perfect, but he gets more right than wrong.

Yes we did look more solid with him on the pitch. Yaya and Fern had major off days and we needed some more steel on the pitch. Javi did well today as did Navas and Milner.

SingBlueSilva said:
@BluePhil8 said:
I've always stayed out of this thread. As far as I was concerned, Garcia was always just an option to come of the bench or to start against lower opposition. I've never understood people wanting him gone, we can't have Xabi Alonso sat on the bench every week. This season though, he has been great. Pelle won't get rid of him, he is "his" man. He knows he can rely on Garcia because they have been together at Madrid.

In fact I would even go as far as to say that today, we looked better when he came on for Yaya. Our second half was better than our first.
With Yaya, Nasri & Silva having off days, I thought the least we could do was hold them off. Garcia helped to do just that. The fact he had a hand with the 2nd goal-bonus.
People need to give Javi a chance-disappointed with the boos. If you back Pelle, you back his decisions. Nobody's perfect, but he gets more right than wrong.

wasn't at game but sounded more like those horrible unsporting geordies who were booing the substitution rather than blues

Garcia is not a centre half though he is an option if we're down to the squads bare bones. As a DM he is a pretty good option IFF he's playing a long side a player with pace (Fern or Rodwell). As far as I'm concerned he can start while Nasri is injured and YaYa is pushed up the pitch to replace him.

BlueAnorak said:
Garcia is not a centre half though he is an option if we're down to the squads bare bones. As a DM he is a pretty good option IFF he's playing a long side a player with pace (Fern or Rodwell). As far as I'm concerned he can start while Nasri is injured and YaYa is pushed up the pitch to replace him.

I actually think the games he played at centre half for us really set him back in terms of his confidence and belief. He was shocking there and maybe knew it himself. As a result he started doubting himself when he was finally put back in to midfield. Maybe now he has had a bit of a run of games (albeit through a number of substitute appearances) back in his favoured position he is starting to show some kind of worth to the squad?

There was a moment, quite late in the game, when Garcia made to chase after a Newcastle attacker into our box- we were under real pressure- but then he just turned around, left him, and instead occupied the space in front of the box. He realised that occupying that space was vital and, lo and behold, another Newcastle midfielder played the ball into that area allowing Garcia to mop it up. Nothing fancy simply an intelligent player using his experience and snuffing out danger.

Tbilisi said:
samharris said:
Well done Javi.. solid today..

I must have watched a different game.

I think you must mate, Javi was solid today when he came on.
Both our DM's were below par today.
It's very easy to look at players and have an opinion before they've played.
Sure Garcia's never going to be a starter.But he does what's asked of him.
And obviously Pellegrini trusts him.
Should we go on to win the league, then Garcia will definately have played his part.

Look at our biggest whipping boy last season. Aleks.
What a transformation under Pellers.
Outstanding again today.
And bringing so much more to the table than Clichy. Who frankly has gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.