Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
silvasleftleg said:
cfn1963 said:
I can see the value of Garcia when we have the ball, but a primary role of a defensive midfielder is to stop attacks and win the ball back. Garcia rarely gets near the player in possession but simply drifts around in the gap between them and the defence, often following the ball rather than monitoring the attacker running past him. This might occasionally stop opponents sliding passes in the gaps between our defenders but is that enough? Would it not be better to have a De Jong-type snapper there?

every player is valuable to a certain extent. but not every player is crucial to our season.

when garcia comes on, he does a decent job, he doesn't do anything magnicicient or special.

-- Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:03 pm --

NQCitizen said:
silvasleftleg said:
Wether he trusts him or not is irrelevant. What he MP asks him to do is also irrelevant. My opinion is that we can do without him.

Will our season be affected if Garcia leaves ? No.

Well apart from the fact we'll only have two central midfielders and we can't bring on our managers first choice (possibly only) choice substitute when he wants to close out the game, maybe.

If our manager's plans are irrelevant then I can't see how you really measure the effects of anything. Selling Aguero would have no effect if Pellegrini did not play him, but he does so it's very relevant and selling Aguero would have a huge effect.

no that's not true. milner, kompany and demichelis can play midfield.

So our season wouldn't be affected by selling Garcia and putting our best defender in midfield for no apparent reason?

In big games to close out we either put our hardest working wide midfielder in the centre, or move one our first choice defenders further up the pitch?

Pellegrini's instructions may be irrelevant to you, but most would agree they're not that absurd.

defensive midfield options:
jimmy: no, just no.
demichelis: slow as Garcia, loses ball more
kompany: ??!

Just thought this might be more relevant in this thread than the earlier post. Just something on Garcia's usefulness ahead of the Barcelona tie.

keep trying.

NQCitizen said:
aguero93:20 said:
defensive midfield options:
jimmy: no, just no.
demichelis: slow as Garcia, loses ball more
kompany: ??!

I wonder what "special" or "magnificent" things that trio would bring to playing DM anyway?
could make a great end of season red cards DVD if we played jimmy there?

NQCitizen said:
silvasleftleg said:
cfn1963 said:
I can see the value of Garcia when we have the ball, but a primary role of a defensive midfielder is to stop attacks and win the ball back. Garcia rarely gets near the player in possession but simply drifts around in the gap between them and the defence, often following the ball rather than monitoring the attacker running past him. This might occasionally stop opponents sliding passes in the gaps between our defenders but is that enough? Would it not be better to have a De Jong-type snapper there?

every player is valuable to a certain extent. but not every player is crucial to our season.

when garcia comes on, he does a decent job, he doesn't do anything magnicicient or special.

NQCitizen said:
Well apart from the fact we'll only have two central midfielders and we can't bring on our managers first choice (possibly only) choice substitute when he wants to close out the game, maybe.

If our manager's plans are irrelevant then I can't see how you really measure the effects of anything. Selling Aguero would have no effect if Pellegrini did not play him, but he does so it's very relevant and selling Aguero would have a huge effect.

So our season wouldn't be affected by selling Garcia and putting our best defender in midfield for no apparent reason?

In big games to close out we either put our hardest working wide midfielder in the centre, or move one our first choice defenders further up the pitch?

Pellegrini's instructions may be irrelevant to you, but most would agree they're not that absurd.

Our season will not be affected if we sell him.

In midfield, Garcia is no better than Demichelis, Kompany or Milner.

silvasleftleg said:
NQCitizen said:
silvasleftleg said:

So are we cloning them?

Surprised to see him take that shot early in the 1st half, was a good one too. Quite a bit forward passing and also shielded the ball well a couple times. Seems to be a little bit more calm for the last couple of matches, doesn't always go for the easy fast option as he usually do.

silvasleftleg said:

Garcia's definitely better at holding than Milner and I'd sooner see the other two at CB than out of position in DM.

I think the earlier article is spot on. He offers another dimension which is a must when you're facing the best in Europe.

EDIT: Also adds a lot of threat at set pieces which would be very useful in games when we might not find getting goals so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.