Javi Garcia (continued)

aguero93:20 said:
taconinja said:
FantasyIreland said:
I really don't know but at 21,and given the reviews,i'd like to think he must be close.He may have competition from Huws though.
Ideally I agree. If it doesn't work, though, then we've spent a lot of money in the age of FFPR when we currently have a fourth choice. It's a risk either way I suppose.
A lot? I heard the fee was around £2.5m.
No, that's not what I mean. It's that we're buying Fernando and didn't he just sign a new contract that drives his price up? And if neither of the younger players work out, we have to go back into the market and buy replacements for them as well.

I think we have very good scouting, but it doesn't always work out.

FantasyIreland said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
He's picked up from last year purely on the basis he's had a season to bed in. He's still not good enough to feature as a starter and nor is he adequate to replace Fernandinho or Yaya if they get injured.

Hope he gets sold for good money to Inter and we get Fernando which is quite likely. Anybody who disagrees, come back to me next season if the changes get made because I am 100% sure Fernando will be a huge upgrade on Javi.
We need four central midfielders. Four. Not three. Is anyone saying we shouldn't buy Fernando?

I'd imagine that is the reason we have bought Zucculini.

I'd have thought Zucculini would go elsewhere on loan for a season, ideally a good prem club, four of Javi, Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya. Would still like us to get Fabregas though ;)

taconinja said:
taconinja said:
Ideally I agree. If it doesn't work, though, then we've spent a lot of money in the age of FFPR when we currently have a fourth choice. It's a risk either way I suppose.
No, that's not what I mean. It's that we're buying Fernando and didn't he just sign a new contract that drives his price up? And if neither of the younger players work out, we have to go back into the market and buy replacements for them as well.

Not too sure the Fernando deal will work out to be more expensive, might make it easier to get Mangala if that's who Txiki is interested in.

taconinja said:

Not too sure the Fernando deal will work out to be more expensive, might make it easier to get Mangala if that's who Txiki is interested in.
You're quite possibly right, but I recall seeing a lot about him being coerced into signing a new contract instead of leaving on a free as his club was refusing to play him endangering his World Cup place.

taconinja said:
taconinja said:

You're quite possibly right, but I recall seeing a lot about him being coerced into signing a new contract instead of leaving on a free as his club was refusing to play him endangering his World Cup place.
If he was coerced then the contract wouldn't be valid anyway as long as he can prove it.

taconinja said:
If he was coerced then the contract wouldn't be valid anyway as long as he can prove it.
I think you and I both know how difficult that would be. There seems to be little dispute that he was told if he didn't sign a new contract, they were going to put him on the bench to evaluate options, ie bench him and potentially derail his World Cup spot.

taconinja said:
taconinja said:
I think you and I both know how difficult that would be. There seems to be little dispute that he was told if he didn't sign a new contract, they were going to put him on the bench to evaluate options, ie bench him and potentially derail his World Cup spot.
I know how difficult it would be to prove, but even speculation along those lines will strengthen our hand when negotiating with Porto. Not too sure how good a signing Fernando will be though to be honest, he's never impressed me in Porto's CL games and that's the standard we should be aiming for.

kismet said:
Thought Javi played well today and got stuck in.

Thought the same, reckon he'd of done even better had he not got that soft yellow.

We looked a lot more solid when Garcia came on. Good performance from him.

I thought he should have started - we really needed that extra protection in front of the back four.

Garcia has improved so much since the start of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.