Javi Garcia (continued)

It's funny how people believe that quote is about García.

I've warmed to him, he's hardly put a foot wrong since Christmas when he has played.

The one thing I'm often confused about with some of the criticism directed towards him about his lack of attacking input (even though he was never signed, nor notorious for his attacking contributions) is that De Jong hardly copped any critics about his lack of attacking contributions when he played for us.

BlueTG said:
I've warmed to him, he's hardly put a foot wrong since Christmas when he has played.

The one thing I'm often confused about with some of the criticism directed towards him about his lack of attacking input (even though he was never signed, nor notorious for his attacking contributions) is that De Jong hardly copped any critics about his lack of attacking contributions when he played for us.

He was never signed for anything, Mancini didn't want him, the board signed him on his behalf. Mancini wanted de Rossi. But anyway, you're right, people expect him to be something he's not, and pellegrini playing him in the right position this season rather than Mancini trying to get him to play like toure last season has done him and the team wonders. When he plays, he really solidifies the team.

Kun Aguero said:
aguero93:20 said:
Looks like our Javi has a celebrity fan:
Pirlo: "You watch the game, you don't see Javi Garcia. You watch Javi Garcia, you see the whole game."
High praise indeed.

Just shows how he's vastly underrated by the the English media. There was a time last season where I hated him, I'd moan on here about him, I'd sigh at the Etihad if he played but now I realise how he does the simple things well. Very well indeed. He wins the ball then plays the sumple pass. My one gripe about him would be if we are going to sign a central midfielder in the summer it shouldn't be another Garcia, he should be able to contribute attacking wise as Javi deserves a place in the squad as our defensive shield.

not sure how a made up quote shows this but anyway! he has got better as the season has progressed, now has a chance to be a big part of a crucial run in

irishben said:
Is it safe to say hes decent now?
I still think he needs to play in a midfield three in the big games but against anyone outside the top 6 he looks good.

Fair play to Javi because he has improved massively this season and maybe he is just one of those players who needs that season to bed in.

Navas and Beast will be the same next season in my opinion.

irishben said:
Is it safe to say hes decent now?

Looks that way. Fair play to him.

With Boyatas contract up I think there is only Sinclair that you could say was a well below par player in our squad now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.