Javi Garcia (continued)

If we are playing with a hard working five man midfield who all close down quickly, Garcia is perfect for his job & has the extra advantage of being great in the air. If we are playing a wide open game, as we usually do, & Garcia is left with a huge area to cover, he is too slow/not quick enough reader of the game, to do it at the level we require.

That's not because he's a shit player, it's because he isn't the right player for that kind of system. Either we change, or get someone more suited to that role imo.

Neville Kneville said:
If we are playing with a hard working five man midfield who all close down quickly, Garcia is perfect for his job & has the extra advantage of being great in the air. If we are playing a wide open game, as we usually do, & Garcia is left with a huge area to cover, he is too slow/not quick enough reader of the game, to do it at the level we require.

That's not because he's a shit player, it's because he isn't the right player for that kind of system. Either we change, or get someone more suited to that role imo.

I think this is a very accurate summary. He's not a bad player, he's got some tremendously useful attributes. Sometimes our style of play really exposes his weaknesses, more than many other players.

teddykgb said:
Neville Kneville said:

I think this is a very accurate summary. He's not a bad player, he's got some tremendously useful attributes. Sometimes our style of play really exposes his weaknesses, more than many other players.

We are not going to change our style of play to suit Javi, its more Javi gives us options to change how we play. A subtle difference

Rascal said:
teddykgb said:
Neville Kneville said:

We are not going to change our style of play to suit Javi, its more Javi gives us options to change how we play. A subtle difference

He gives us nothing in offence so effectively is a fifth defender. Useful player to come on when we need to shore up a game, but make no mistake, we are a much less potent team when he is on the field. This notion that we were better when he replaced Yaya an Anfield is a joke. We settled and started controlling the game (particularly Silva) in spite of that change. If Yaya had stayed on the field, I have no doubt we would have won or at worst drawn that game, even with Clattenburg and Kompany's fuck-up.

motm performance today..spot on reading the game ..timed challenges ..perfect understanding with front and back four....perfect balance
love it

Did his job to perfection today. Sit. Back up the centre halves. Very good player. We talk about having four centre mids, he is worthy of one of them. Yaya Ferny. Add another offensively minded one and we are sorted here. Well done Javi

Awesome, once again. MOTM for me. Was very calm when I saw him in the first 11.

Take a bow son, and keep on proving me wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.