Javi Garcia

OB1 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Now, let's say him and De Jong have the same pass completion percentage of 92%, how would a statistician with no knowledge of the game be able to deduce who had "better distribution" (which was the subject of the original discussion)?

As far as I'm aware statistics will not be able to demonstrate how Xavi controls games with his passing, or how De Jong slowed us down with his. The statistics are fairly useful for certain things, but they completely pale in to insignificance in comparison with watching a player regularly with an educated eye.

Yeah, yeah, stats are quantitative rather than qualitative but the original discussion wasn't comparing Xavi with 92% to NDJ with 92% but NDJ's 92% to Garcia's 82%; which simply raises question marks about what exactly justified the opinion first given.

I didn't see any stats in the original discussion. Someone said Garcia's distribution was "better" than De Jong's. you said he was wrong based solely on tje quantative evidence. My point all the way through is that "better" has to take in to account qualative as well as well as quantative.

On a side note, I'm not saying Garcia's qualitive is better than De Jong's yet because I've not seen enough of him, but it's certainly an area of De Jong's game thatI thought could be improved upon.

Young said:
King Geedorah said:
Young said:
The one closest to that description in our squad right now is probably Garcia or Yaya.

Yaya plays that role if he's not playing off the striker. Don't let the odd storming run cloud what he does all game, which is sit deep and dictate play.
But we aren't looking for the "tempo" player, we have tons of them who can do that - Silva, Nasri, Barry, etc.

When Pizarro came in, he played like (fuck me) Paul Scholes. Throwing diagonal long balls regularly to stretch out deep defences. Yaya, albeit if he could do it, doesn't do that enough. And Yaya strengths lie in his capability to drive forward and his industry.

I'm still holding my verdict on Javi, but what we need is a player who would sit nowhere, but right in front of the defence, and just throw accurate long balls to the flanks. However then again, looking at our defence's current state, I wouldn't put the deep-lying playmaker as a priority.

I think you've misunderstood "tempo" player, it doesn't mean someone who plays quickly, it means someone who controls the pace of the game with their passing, Scholes and Pizarro are two great examples, I'd love us to get Pizarro back, we miss a player like that.

Young said:
King Geedorah said:
Young said:
The one closest to that description in our squad right now is probably Garcia or Yaya.

Yaya plays that role if he's not playing off the striker. Don't let the odd storming run cloud what he does all game, which is sit deep and dictate play.
But we aren't looking for the "tempo" player, we have tons of them who can do that - Silva, Nasri, Barry, etc.

When Pizarro came in, he played like (fuck me) Paul Scholes. Throwing diagonal long balls regularly to stretch out deep defences. Yaya, albeit if he could do it, doesn't do that enough. And Yaya strengths lie in his capability to drive forward and his industry.

I'm still holding my verdict on Javi, but what we need is a player who would sit nowhere, but right in front of the defence, and just throw accurate long balls to the flanks. However then again, looking at our defence's current state, I wouldn't put the deep-lying playmaker as a priority.

Scholes plays those balls into Valencia, Nani and Young's feet. Ie they're most creative players.

If Toure played them they would go to Zabaleta and Clichy. Ie our least creative players.

Toure could easily play Scholes' role, there's just no role in our team like it.

King Geedorah said:
Young said:
King Geedorah said:

Scholes plays those balls into Valencia, Nani and Young's feet. Ie they're most creative players.

If Toure played them they would go to Zabaleta and Clichy. Ie our least creative players.

Toure could easily play Scholes' role, there's just no role in our team like it.

Well the closest we've got is Barry, he's a deep lying player and plays a lovely pass. Hate to say it but he's not in Scholes class but we could certainly fit a player like that in to our team, De Rossi or Alonso would be insane alongside Yaya

Shaelumstash said:
King Geedorah said:
Young said:

Well the closest we've got is Barry, he's a deep lying player and plays a lovely pass. Hate to say it but he's not in Scholes class but we could certainly fit a player like that in to our team, De Rossi or Alonso would be insane alongside Yaya
You very rarely see Barry make an adventurous pass.

Shaelumstash said:
Young said:
King Geedorah said:

I think you've misunderstood "tempo" player, it doesn't mean someone who plays quickly, it means someone who controls the pace of the game with their passing, Scholes and Pizarro are two great examples, I'd love us to get Pizarro back, we miss a player like that.

I agree about Pizarro, from what little I saw of him last year he always impressed me and I was sorry he wasn't snatched up!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Shaelumstash said:
King Geedorah said:

You very rarely see Barry make an adventurous pass.

I beg to differ, love the kit btw VIDEO TIME :) love that kit

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWRlloXw0p0[/youtube]

Shaelumstash said:

Toure and Barry both do it. They sit and ping balls into our forwards feet as they drop off. Both of them do this well, and they simply have no reason to be playing raking diagonals because of where our attackers position themselves.

It's difficult to compare them to Alonso and Scholes because of this, as both have to play those raking diagonals.

You should have seen the seen the Fiorentina Juventus game Pizarro outdid Pirlo. If only he was a few years younger.

MCFC4EVR said:
You should have seen the seen the Fiorentina Juventus game Pizarro outdid Pirlo. If only he was a few years younger.

After all the talk he'd have cost us £2million or something, Fiorentina ended up getting him on a free transfer from Roma. I feel he'd still be a good option to have considering we don't have a player like that at all. But the next great player of this kind is Marco Verratti who we were very interested in but PSG got him... £12million for a 19-year-old seemed high then we bought Nasty for the same price and Verratti had a storming Champions League debut for PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.