Javi Garcia

Garcia looked more comfortable in a midfield 3 to me although may be too early to say that. Think he'll be a big presence for us when he's settled in properly.

Typical Euro DM...quietly solid, both in the tackle and in the air. His distribution so far has been tiki taka, so it is hard to know if he has an Alonzo ball in his locker.

Like what I have seen so far, with Rodwell a good understudy and complimentary player. I can see Garcia and Rodwell bossing the center of midfield one day.

Did ok, fast counter attacks pass him by and passes (at the mo) more crab like than de Jong and I don't think yaya et al trust him to cover them when they get forward. Seems less mobile than NdJ too. That being said, he has only been here for a short while, I reserve judgement but hope he shows more promise soon.

de jong was underated by many people imo...garcia will eventually (hopefully)be as good at the job and offers a threat from set pieces and can defend from an ariel perspective better than de jong.

PaleBlue said:
No better, if not worse, than Milner in that role. Pointless signing, but RM will play him because he bought him. Same as Nastastic instead of Lescott, decent player but no better and in my opinion worse.

Not sure if wumming.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm --<br /><br />I think the return of Barry to near his best was a big factor in Garcia having his best game so far.

Barry is criminally under rated far and wide.

Stoned Rose said:
PaleBlue said:
No better, if not worse, than Milner in that role. Pointless signing, but RM will play him because he bought him. Same as Nastastic instead of Lescott, decent player but no better and in my opinion worse.

Not sure if wumming.

-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm --

I think the return of Barry to near his best was a big factor in Garcia having his best game so far.

Four games for him and that was better, but whats that crap about Gaz Baz ;-)

big gaz said:
Stoned Rose said:
PaleBlue said:

Not sure if wumming.

-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm --

I think the return of Barry to near his best was a big factor in Garcia having his best game so far.

Four games for him and that was better, but whats that crap about Gaz Baz ;-)

Garcia is decent, but he's not better than Milner or Barry, but he's been signed and he'll play regardless of whether that disrupts the team, and I think it's wrong. Lescott should be first pick ahead of Nasty and I'd argue currently Kompany also.

Love_Each_Day said:
Garcia looked more comfortable in a midfield 3 to me although may be too early to say that. Think he'll be a big presence for us when he's settled in properly.

I see Garcia as a having the potential to play Yaya's role when he f*cks off on his jolly's to the African Nations. Like I said all along with Barry back in the side doing that Deshcamps, Makele role we have our side back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.