Javi Garcia

LoveCity said:
MCFC4EVR said:
You should have seen the seen the Fiorentina Juventus game Pizarro outdid Pirlo. If only he was a few years younger.

After all the talk he'd have cost us £2million or something, Fiorentina ended up getting him on a free transfer from Roma. I feel he'd still be a good option to have considering we don't have a player like that at all. But the next great player of this kind is Marco Verratti who we were very interested in but PSG got him... £12million for a 19-year-old seemed high then we bought Nasty for the same price and Verratti had a storming Champions League debut for PSG.
Missed a trick not spending some dosh on Verratti. Players like him are already hard to find.

King Geedorah said:
Shaelumstash said:
Well the closest we've got is Barry, he's a deep lying player and plays a lovely pass. Hate to say it but he's not in Scholes class but we could certainly fit a player like that in to our team, De Rossi or Alonso would be insane alongside Yaya

Toure and Barry both do it. They sit and ping balls into our forwards feet as they drop off. Both of them do this well, and they simply have no reason to be playing raking diagonals because of where our attackers position themselves.

It's difficult to compare them to Alonso and Scholes because of this, as both have to play those raking diagonals.

In reply to Greasedup, I completely agree with King Geedorah, Barry and Yaya's passing doesn't look spectacular because that's not the way we play. Gerrard plays a lovely 60 yard diagonal adventurous pass, but give me Xavi and Iniesta's short, quick, intelligent passing any day.

Jumanji said:
LoveCity said:
MCFC4EVR said:
You should have seen the seen the Fiorentina Juventus game Pizarro outdid Pirlo. If only he was a few years younger.

After all the talk he'd have cost us £2million or something, Fiorentina ended up getting him on a free transfer from Roma. I feel he'd still be a good option to have considering we don't have a player like that at all. But the next great player of this kind is Marco Verratti who we were very interested in but PSG got him... £12million for a 19-year-old seemed high then we bought Nasty for the same price and Verratti had a storming Champions League debut for PSG.
Missed a trick not spending some dosh on Verratti. Players like him are already hard to find.
Tbh, I think we missed alot of tricks.

On the train to London with his Spanish speaking mates..

A35FrDwCYAAVIwA.jpg

Shaelumstash said:
OB1 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Now, let's say him and De Jong have the same pass completion percentage of 92%, how would a statistician with no knowledge of the game be able to deduce who had "better distribution" (which was the subject of the original discussion)?

As far as I'm aware statistics will not be able to demonstrate how Xavi controls games with his passing, or how De Jong slowed us down with his. The statistics are fairly useful for certain things, but they completely pale in to insignificance in comparison with watching a player regularly with an educated eye.

Yeah, yeah, stats are quantitative rather than qualitative but the original discussion wasn't comparing Xavi with 92% to NDJ with 92% but NDJ's 92% to Garcia's 82%; which simply raises question marks about what exactly justified the opinion first given.

I didn't see any stats in the original discussion. Someone said Garcia's distribution was "better" than De Jong's. you said he was wrong based solely on tje quantative evidence. My point all the way through is that "better" has to take in to account qualative as well as well as quantative.

On a side note, I'm not saying Garcia's qualitive is better than De Jong's yet because I've not seen enough of him, but it's certainly an area of De Jong's game thatI thought could be improved upon.

I introduced stats and I'm not explaining why, again.

We agree that De Jong could have been better and it is too soon to judge Garcia in a City shirt. To be fair to De Jong, he was aware that he needed to make a greater contribution offensively and was trying to work on that.

PaleBlue said:
No better, if not worse, than Milner in that role. Pointless signing, but RM will play him because he bought him. Same as Nastastic instead of Lescott, decent player but no better and in my opinion worse.

What are you talking about? Milner is not a DM and wouldn't share Garcia's responsibilities.

PaleBlue said:
No better, if not worse, than Milner in that role. Pointless signing, but RM will play him because he bought him. Same as Nastastic instead of Lescott, decent player but no better and in my opinion worse.

Firstly, Nastasic is 19 and Lescott is 31. Nastasic looks solid and his potential is there for all to see. Lescott is probably better ATM but Nastasic has come from a different league and is playing well. He will soon replace Lescott so it wasn't pointless. Garcia does what he needs to do, passes it well, keeps things ticking and offers us defensive protection. He is better than Milner is that role and he allows Yaya to go further forward.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:06 pm --<br /><br />
PaleBlue said:

Firstly, Nastasic is 19 and Lescott is 31. Nastasic looks solid and his potential is there for all to see. Lescott is probably better ATM but Nastasic has come from a different league and is playing well. He will soon replace Lescott so it wasn't pointless. Garcia does what he needs to do, passes it well, keeps things ticking and offers us defensive protection. He is better than Milner is that role and he allows Yaya to go further forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.