Javi Garcia

dennishasdoneit said:
grim up north said:
bondsman said:
Do you honestly believe he does these things?

Did at Newcastle and Sunderland

quite clearly did all of those things at arsenal. 3rd clean sheet on the trot . somebody,somewhere, is doing something right in our midfield.

I hope he becomes a legend at City, but it DOES matter how fast he can run, he was bought to break down attacks and bring the ball out with a bit of class, if he's too slow he can't get to the opposition can he? He had a decent game today, in fact most of the times he's started he's been in the frame for MOM.

I remember as a kid on the Kippax I used to love Paul Power, but when he'd had his day and been knocked from LM to LB and he'd had a few years there instead of tackling/challenging he used to stand 5/6 yards off the winger and got slated for it(pushed out of the club) that was 30 years ago to a true City legend when we were shit, Garcia been here 5 mins and getting the plaudits for doing the same thing?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves today he had a solid game but nothing more than we'd expect from anyone who puts on a blue shirt surely the fact that we're all so happy that he's showing some promise only serves to put into perspective how rough his start was don't get me wrong i want him to do well as do all of us but this thread is just a place of extremes bad game 'awful' good game 'world beater' but that shows the level of hyperbole used by us bluemooners in my opinion so far he's been distinctly average yes he's improved but it's not hard to improve on performances like wigan et al

Garcia reminds me a bit of Dejong when he first played for us. Both of them take the easy/safe pass everytime. Hopefully Garcia can reach de jongs lever of performance he put out last year.

Glauber Berti said:
Lets not get ahead of ourselves today he had a solid game but nothing more than we'd expect from anyone who puts on a blue shirt surely the fact that we're all so happy that he's showing some promise only serves to put into perspective how rough his start was don't get me wrong i want him to do well as do all of us but this thread is just a place of extremes bad game 'awful' good game 'world beater' but that shows the level of hyperbole used by us bluemooners in my opinion so far he's been distinctly average yes he's improved but it's not hard to improve on performances like wigan et al
Don't you like punctuation? Is there splinters on that fence?

Speaking for myself, he has had a stuttering start to the season and it was good to see him have a decent game. More of the same to come I hope.

Not world beater or awful either, just a good game today. That OK with you or is it "BM hyperbole"?

Yaya_Tony said:
Glauber Berti said:
Don't you like punctuation? Is there splinters on that fence?

Speaking for myself, he has had a stuttering start to the season and it was good to see him have a decent game. More of the same to come I hope.

Not world beater or awful either, just a good game today. That OK with you or is it "BM hyperbole"?

sorry, it is 5am please forgive me and that is all i was saying i feel people are over-hyping today's performance from him when in truth it was average but at least he's improving after his slow start.

I thought I might shed some light on Javi Garcia, having been following both himself and these threads closely since his inception in the team

Let's get one thing straight. Garcia had a decent performance yesterday. Solid without being great, keen without being enthusiastic and picked some of his passes when needed.

However, the red card played a major influential factor in his performance today. If Koscielny had not lost his marbles, another body would’ve been placed in the middle. We would have saw Wilshere and Carzola buzzing around with more space and Chamberlain as a wide outlet, which would've stretched our midfield. Garcia and Barry would've been placed under more pressure and I dare say we would be thinking something completely contrasting.

Maybe this is what he needed, a bit of luck to excite him and allow him a golden chance to dictate the play. Let’s hope it continues. Let him put in a shift like that against 11 men week in week out during January and I will place two feet on board the Javi train.

Until then, I’ll stick with one foot.

Golden Balls said:
I thought I might shed some light on Javi Garcia, having been following both himself and these threads closely since his inception in the team

Let's get one thing straight. Garcia had a decent performance yesterday. Solid without being great, keen without being enthusiastic and picked some of his passes when needed.

However, the red card played a major influential factor in his performance today. If Koscielny had not lost his marbles, another body would’ve been placed in the middle. We would have saw Wilshere and Carzola buzzing around with more space and Chamberlain as a wide outlet, which would've stretched our midfield. Garcia and Barry would've been placed under more pressure and I dare say we would be thinking something completely contrasting.

Maybe this is what he needed, a bit of luck to excite him and allow him a golden chance to dictate the play. Let’s hope it continues. Let him put in a shift like that against 11 men week in week out during January and I will place two feet on board the Javi train.

Good point.

Golden Balls said:

A valid post,i definitely havn't been a fan so far,however,to label yesterdays performance as 'keen without enthusiasm' is a nonsense - the lad gave his all,he tried his best(whatever that maybe....)

As you say though,he got that bit of luck that may be the turning the point,i hope. for his stay with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.